Cancelation of insurance

I received a letter on May 6 2013 stating that I owed $75.93 to keep my insurance current. This coverage was auto deducted from my paycheck but I have been on worker's comp since last November. I paid the amount, which clearly stated in the letter, would make my policy remain in effect. I was to pay $20 a month after that to maintain my coverage. I was called in July and told my policy was cancelled due to non payment. Apparently that letter was incorrect and I was covered until March not May. The letter gave false info. If it said I was covered till March, I would have asked what happened between March and May when the letter was dated? Why would you take $75.93 from me and then tell me I am cancelled. I have this letter which I will be taking to a lawyer. This letter dated May 6 CLEARLY states my policy would remain in effect if I paid that amount and $20 a month after. If I still owed money, why didn't someone get in touch with me? I will make sure everyone I know is aware of this shady company. To be sure, many letters will be written. You basically stole money from me then cancelled me.

The company is Aetna Insurance. Not Devereux Devereux offered policy the employees :sigh

ID
Malvern, Pennsylvania
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article