Resolved: Not worth it.... Charge you to get out of contract

Update by user May 07, 2018

Spoke With Dirk and All was handled in a very professional way. I do understand that it was Dave Sutton the former owner that had caused the issues.

Original review posted by user May 03, 2018
Yes boats are available if you want junk. They do have nice boats that they show you when you sign up, but you will never get them even way in advance. Was tested and passed with flying colors on cruisers and small boats. Multiple boats broke down had to be towed by seatow. Notified them that I wanted to leave contract (was paid in full) due to the service of the boats and the choices that had been promised in the beginning of the contract. Sent me to collections for remainder of contract for 2,000.00. This is not a way to do business. Save your time and money. Stay away far far away. Much better off doing fractional ownership

In response to this complaint that Mr. Curt Winter left, Destination Boat Clubs has been under new management and ownership since April 2014.

We apologize for the experience he had at that time. He is currently not a member of our club or has been since prior to 2014.

His evaluation based on his experience over 5 years ago does not reflect the actual quality of boats and service Destination Boat Clubs strives to attain currently. We feel this is a very unfair complaint and review.

Resolved
ID
Naples, Florida
Reason of review
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Loss
$2000
Preferred solution
removal of dept from collections

Destination Boat Clubs - Membership Review from Naples, Florida

My husband and I moved from Delaware to Cape Coral in June, 2016. We sold our boat before our move but intended to get one in Florida. Once I realized how different boating was in Florida, we weren't sure about the type of boat that would work best since we love fishing but have kids so we wanted to try a few different types of boats. I researched boat clubs as an option to be able to see what type of boat to buy. Now we can't image leaving the club. Since we joined three months ago, there is a new pontoon and we are getting a Grady White in a few weeks. The fleet has many options to choose from. The boats are kept in good shape. You do have to plan ahead but that's a small thing compared to all the perks this club has to offer. Captain Dave, John and Kim are like family! Best decision we have ever made. Tarpon Point is a beautiful Marina!
ID