Bad Business Practices FRAUD

Update by user Apr 30, 2011

PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE CONSIDERING DOING BUSINESS WITH THIS WOMAN. WITH HER MUTIPLE BUSINESS NAMES, MULTIPLE PERSONAL NAME CHANGES & DIFFERENT SPELLINGS OF HER NAMES, YOU WILL NEED TO DIG A LITTLE. ALSO, AS OF TODAYS DATE, SHE DOES HAVE A PENDING REQUEST WITH THE COURTS TO CHANGE HER PERSONAL NAME ONCE AGAIN. YOU WILL FIND COURT RECORDS IN CIVIL COURTS & FEDERAL.

Currently DBA Designer Secrets or The Designer Secrets

Owner: Janis Roux AKA Janice Roux, Janis Kennedy, Janice Kennedy, Janis Hoonsbeen, Janice Hoonsbeen, Janis Dean, Janice Dean

Current Address: 24950 Tucker Road, Rogers, MN 55374

Former Address: 1719 70th Ave N, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430

Current Office Ph#: 763-428-**** Cell Ph#: 612-554-****

Former Office Ph#: 763-560-****

Original review posted by user Mar 18, 2011
It appears many people are trying to contact Janis Roux in regards to the where abouts of their product, payment for sub-contractors for work done & vendors for payment of product shipped. Hope this helps anyone who is looking for her or anyone considering doing business with her. Currently DBA Designer Secrets or The Designer Secrets FDBA J Roux Interior Design Inc AKA J Roux Design Inc, Roux Design Inc, J Roux Design & Associates Inc, J H Interiors Inc Owner: Janis Roux AKA Janice Roux, Janis Kennedy, Janice Kennedy, Janis Hoonsbeen, Janice Hoonsbeen Current Address: 24950 Tucker Road, Rogers, MN 55374 Former Address: 1719 70th Ave N, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430 Current Office Ph#: 763-428-**** Former Office Ph#: 763-560-****

She used the name Nilda with me - Sarasota. We were going to order a lot of things from her but were waiting for the sell of our other house. We are out about $2500 waiting for a couch for three and sitting on the floor.She also didn't pay one of the subcontractors.

Janis Dean is now scamming clients in Sarasota, Florida. She's a real 'pro.' Furious!!

@PissedConsumer1277077

Could Janis Dean be Janis Bulli of Sarasota Fl?

@PissedConsumer1408451

Yes, that is the name she is using now!

#1519997
@PissedConsumer1417592

I am her latest victim. She managed to take $26,000 from me before disappearing.

She was operating under the name Ambiance Design Group and the alias of Anna West.

I know that she has also used the name Interiors Design & Decor as well as Interiors Secrets. Her current address is:4205 Callista LaneSarasota FLCell: 941.302.5862Office: 941.260.9794Fax: 941.371.1486

@PissedConsumer1408451

we were the subcontractor she got us for over $5000

message to "johnson"

I have also been scammed by Janis and would be happy to share any info I have that might help you recover something. Feel free to contact me at cbates65@***.com

Message to "johnson"

I would be happy to provide you any information I have that might help in recovering something from Janis.

Feel free to contact me at cbates65@***.com

We purchased outdoor furniture from Janis Kennedy at J Roux designs. We gave her $13,000 for the furniture and never received it.

She told us that she ordered it but that it was being shipped for many months.

I finally found out that she never even ordered it. She closed J Roux and started Design secrets (interesting name)

Buyer beware-- she will take your money and run!!

@PissedConsumer336063

We are currently trying to get her for a check with no funds. My husband was the contractor please send me an email and I can send my attorney's name.

if you are a sub you can take a lean on the home you worked on. she is currently in Sarasota FL. the state refused to prosecute her.

so we hired an attorney. My email badphantom2005@***.com my name is Marilin.

View more comments (9)
ID
Andover, Minnesota
Loss

About

Summary

The Designer Secrets provides full range of interior designer services: including space planning, color and material selection, establishing of project time frames and budget guidelines, insulation coordination and project management. The Designer Secrets can take care of any project from newly built homes, remodeling or just a needed facelift for home. The Designer Secrets specializes on wall coverings, window treatments, furniture, accessories, colors, materials, interior lighting, etc. Also The Designer Secrets offers 30-50% off retail for furniture and accessories and free up to 4 hour in-home consultation.

Designer Secrets reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article