Rough treatment on demanding payment

Design Windows and Doors, Alta Loma, Calfornia. We had a few windows and a slider installed. They were sure quick to get our business. Then they failed to install the sliding screen properly, saying their supplier had left out a part. One of the screens was bent. OK, they said they would fix it. Fine. They asked for full payment then. I gave them the last half that was due, save an upgrade on eglass, about $652, leaving that for resolution. Otherwise, I would have no leverage. The slider sat for nearly 10 days as we waited for them. My wife had to walk around it and has a pain problem, not good. Finally, they came and installed. The installer didn't ask for the final $652. I figured they they would bill me. They called about three days later demanding payment. I asked the amount and said I would schedule the payment in Quicken...about 2 weeks later. They called again about a week after demanding payment. I said it was scheduled and they would be paid. The next thing that happened was we received a demand via email and a preliminary lien notice. The woman who wrote it was unbelievably aggressive saying she would personally file the lien on so and do date if we did not pay. They sent a physical copy certified mail which I did not respond to, and did not accept...not going to waste my time with that, especially since the check had been ordered. The woman who called bordered on belligerence saying we had entered into a contract. Fair enough, but they had not delivered for their part of the contract. It was perfectly reasonable to expect them to accept payment a few weeks away seeing they had inconvenienced us and not done a proper installation, and they had not asked for payment when it was finally resolved. The work was good, but watch out if you are late in any way. They are unbelievably aggressive, and downright nasty. I won't be doing business with them again.
ID
Washington, District Of Columbia

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article