Desi travels - Ajay Sharma - Tickets to India scamster

Travelers planning to go to India, please beware of this scamster under the name Ajay Sharma. I posted my request on Sulekha.com for a fare request and received an email from desitravels.us@***.com. Name of the sender -Ajay Sharma. This bogus company requests to pay the fare ONLY by debit card and requests to transfer the funds to different bank accounts. These accounts are in wells fargo or bank of america and under different names. It is a personal bank account and not a business account either. The PNRs and forged itineraries are also provided till one calls the company and then realizes that a fraud credit card was used to book the fare which then gets automatically cancelled. They never pick up the phone on the listed number 224-554-**** and will return the call from a VOIP account. Dont fall prey to these scamsters and spread the word to families and friends. Please note they are not a part of desi travel ticketing group based in Australia.
#1200440

The exact say guy is talking to me now. I have the phone number -- if you guys want to reach out to the cops, I can provide the number

#1200919
@PissedConsumer1200440

By the way, this guy gets your email and phone number from Sulekha.com travel form. So, never use sulekha for these kinds of things.

He has a pakistani account (or could be north indian accent). mid age guy, not young.

I am a victim of this guy .

Any idea where to go in US

Your help would be much appreciated.

@PissedConsumer1068596

Make an Online complaint to police department online complaints under Identity theft. I already made and my complaint approved and will work for sure. Please make an online complaint.Don't worry fight till you get solution.

@PissedConsumer1101499

I am also a victim of this, i have complained all over but no resolution yet..

View more comments (4)
ID
Lexington, Massachusetts
Reason of review
Order processing issue

Scammed by a travel agent

Dear Sir/Madam On 5th October,2015 Ajay Sharma,claiming to be an employee of desitravels.com.au/ (USA branch),emailed me for a quote for air ticket from Charlotte to Calcutta (India). Later I checked with desitravels.com.au/ and was told they don't have any branch in USA. After agreeing on the itenary and price I transfered money for 2 tickets to a Bank Account.(Desi Travels pvt .ltd). Account Imran Hoosein Account # [REDUCTED] Zip code # 27025 Routing number # 02600**** Bank name # BANK OF AMERICA Address: Richmond, VA 23261 Made two transactions: $ 1468.84 and $ 155.20 = $ 1623.44 The next day I received my confirmed ticket from him by email.When I called the airlines I was told a fraud credit card was used and the ticket got cancelled.After numerous phone calls Ajay Sharma told me there was some confusion and he will reissue my tickets though I asked for a refund.Within a few hrs he reissued my tickets with another fake name and number as contacts.alex18uk63@***.com.Phone: 555000****. After talking to the airlines realized this was another fraud booking Immediately I contacted him and asked for a refund.He replied he will refund in 4days as the system was down.Repeated emails didnt fetch me any reply.He blocked my number and doesn't receive any other calls. They got my number from sulekha.com. when contacted sulekha I was told this agent isn't registered with sulekha.Seems like they are registered with some other name. Please help.

I was scammed to by Ajay Sharma.

I found about it yesterday. Did you get any luck finding this person or getting your money back?

Please let me know

I am also talking to the same person. And still trying to find some authenticity of his claim. he gave me teh cheapest quote so far for travel from Fairbanks to Delhi.

Ajay sharma gave this address to verify which If you can use for some case or so

11777 San Vicente Blvd ,Suite 191

Los Angeles, CA 90049

Thanks for the review which saved me from being a victim of fraud...

View more comments (1)
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

About

Summary

Desi Traveler is a large travel blog. It was launched by Prasad Np in September 2009. Desi Traveler blog includes information regarding Indian people, places of interest, unholy god men, culture, and food. It also contains stories about Holy Temples, tourist spots, and streets in India. Prasad Np published numerous travel tips with photos for both beginners and experienced travelers. It is possible to find wallpapers in the blog. There are also articles about trips to foreign countries including Thailand, Singapore, and Bhutan. Desi Traveler got Photograph of the Trip and Best Picture by Nikon School India in Street Photography Challenge awards.

Desi Travel reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article