Desert Self Storage-Desert Hot Springs, CA- GRAND THEFT!

Update by user Sep 22, 2013

UPDATE of more items stolen: My Coleman LED camping lantern, green plastic tarp, black mesh fabric dog carrier.

Original review posted by user Sep 22, 2013
Within 9 days after moving my things into Desert Self Storage, most of my valuables were stolen. The door had been pried open on the locked latch side, most likely with a crowbar. Another six units in the same corridor had been opened or tampered with in the same fashion. My unit was in a corridor 60 FEET from the main office window. The manager LIVES on the property right next to the office. He claimed he saw 3 people with a truck moving things into it. The back of the truck was positioned next to the corridor, the front was facing the office window. The manager said the truck was packed, with a tarp covering the contents. He said these people had come into the property 3 times that week, and that their unit was next to mine. He also claimed he had to tell them to leave since they were still moving past closing time. He claimed he walked by and saw tools laying on the ground up and down the corridor. The manager told me he had "suspicions about them, but he couldn't put his finger on it". "I hate thieves!", he retorted. In so many words I replied,"Did you ask them anything regarding what they were doing?" The manager replied,"We don't want to harass our customers." This manager, at the least, is tremendously negligent. At the most, there is speculation he has something to do with this horrific situation. The items that were stolen was my Trek road bicycle, green teal massage table, my Mom's black Singer sewing machine with hard black case, a white Apple desktop computer with speakers, Ovation 6 string acoustic/electric guitar with brown hard case(circa 1980), Breedlove 12 string acoustic/electric guitar with soft black case, a red Squire electric guitar, Korg keyboard with stand and bench, Sony video camera with case and accessories, tripod, digital camera, 2 pairs of brand new women's white jeans, silver sparkle Airwalk sneakers,(looks like Vans shoes), turquoise suede leather jacket with fringe, brand new Paris Hilton wig with headbands.Over $12,000 dollars worth of valuable, sentimental possessions of mine were taken from me. There are more items am sure. An investigation is pending. I will never use any storage facilities again. This crime has traumatized me. An investigation is pending.
ID
Desert Hot Springs, California
Loss
$12000

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article