DeSales University HR Department drops the ball after 2 interviews

I applied for a position at DeSales University in Center Valley, PA back in late April 2008. After 2 successful interviews, and completion of an application, I had yet to be contacted by the human resources department at the college. I would not get my phone calls returned in May, so I began to physically visit the office 1 or 2 times a month in June and July. I was told that no decisions had been made as of yet. So, just a few days ago, I emailed the department as follows... I intentionally kept the email brief... "As the Fall Semester approaches, I am interested if I am still being considered for the security job openings at DeSales? Thank you. (my contact information was here, not included for posting on this site)" Well, here is the response I received from the HR Department... "Please send a resume in order to be considered for the position. Thanks, DeSales HR Team" I had left them with 2 copies of my resume, and had completed an application. After 2 interviews and following up with the HR department 4 times in person, I find this unreal. How is it that people get a job like this and don't seem to have a clue what they are doing? I was ticked off. We as job seekers work hard to complete all the necessary paperwork in a timely manner and jump thru all the necessary hoops, and they at HR totally dropped the ball. It's unbelievable to me.
ID
Scranton, Pennsylvania

DeSales University human resources dropped the ballafter 2 interviews

I applied for a position at DeSales University in Center Valley, PA back in late April 2008. After 2 successful interviews, and completion of an application, I had yet to be contacted by the human resources department at the college. I would not get my phone calls returned in May, so I began to physically visit the office 1 or 2 times a month in June and July. I was repeatedly told that no decisions had been made as of yet. So, just a few days ago, I emailed the department as follows... I intentionally kept the email brief... "As the Fall Semester approaches, I am interested if I am still being considered for the security job openings at DeSales? Thank you. (contact information was here, but deleted prior to posting on this site)" Well, here is the response I received from the HR Department... "Please send a resume in order to be considered for the position. Thanks, DeSales HR Team" I had left them with 2 copies of my resume, and had completed an application. After 2 interviews and following up with the HR department 4 times in person, I find this unreal. How is it that people get a job like this and don't seem to have a clue what they are doing? I was ticked off. We as job seekers work hard to complete all the necessary paperwork in a timely manner and jump thru all the necessary hoops, and they at HR totally dropped the ball. It's unbelievable to me. Time fot the HR team at DeSales University to have more training.
ID
Scranton, Pennsylvania

About

DeSales University Privacy Policy
Important information about how www.desales.edu use online data collected on DeSales University's' website. The policy of DeSales University is to respect the privacy of all website visitors to the extent permitted by law. Information from these activities is used only for the purpose of maintaining the security and performance of the University's networks and computer systems. University web sites routinely collect and store information from online visitors to help manage those sites and improve service. In the course of using this website, The User may choose to provide Website with information to help The Company serve The Customer's needs. Any personally identifiable information The User of company services send Website will be used only for the purpose indicated. The Company do not retain the information longer than necessary for normal operations. Each web page requesting information discloses the purpose of that information.
To read more: https://www.desales.edu/privacy-policy
Summary

DeSales University is an educational establishments. The University is based in Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania. DeSales University has opened its doors to freshmen in 1965. It was granted with the Bachelor of the Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees. The University offers the following graduate studies: Master of Business, Administration, Master of Education, Master of Science in Information Systems, Master of Science in PA Studies, Master of Science in Nursing, The Master of Arts in Criminal Justice.

DeSales University offers very exciting student life and holds PA Shakespear festival. Until 2000, DeSales was a college and then its application for university status had been approved.

DeSales University reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article