Mike Barrentine Houston Contractor took money and took off. No work was performed

We contact Aaron Michael Barrentine, owner of Dependable Construction and asked him to give us a quote for renovation on a house we own. We sent a check for 50% upfront, we did not hear back from him for almost 2 weeks. We tried getting in touch with him to let him know someone bought the house and we no longer needed his services. At this point the check had not been cashed. We finally got ahold of him and asked him to kindly send back the cashiers check or we were happy to drive to him to pick it up. The next day he CASHED OUT the cashiers check and wouldn't answer our calls or emails. Finally got ahold of him days later, since he already took our money we decided to give him a new job. He agreed, but he never did it. No work was ever done and he has our money. He is a 25 year old kid who told me, and I quote *** Off" and hung up on me. When I called back and tried to talk he told me to "shut up and listen", and proceeded to say "I ain't afraid of no court." I am now out $1700 and no work was done. DO NOT RISK YOUR BANK ACCOUNT OR PROPERTY by hiring Dependable Construction, AARON MICHAEL BARRENTINE at DEPENDABLE CONSTRUCTION TOOK OUR MONEY AND REFUSED TO DO ANY WORK.
ID
Service
Dependable Home Repair And Construction Service Owner
Reason of review
Problems with payment

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article