Dentaris Reviews

Show reviews that mention
joaquin berron mexican dentist joaquin berron dentist crooked dentist implants crook money mexico
Filter review

Dr. Joaquin Berron: total crook and a liar

Terrible dentist. Dees bait and switch; lies about everything, incompetent dentist in every way one can image. Technology is nonexistent, does not even have an xray machine! While initial price was lower than in U.S, eventual cost in getting competent help in U.S was more, .Dentures cost three times three times more than would have in U.S Dentists in US charge too much money and are hated for it (see for example google search on why People hate dentists),but none as bad as Berron. Would not trust any Mexican dentist now. Make sure Mexican dentist offers guarantee or the Mexicans such as Berron will use lack of one to cover up incompetent work.

Berron is terrible dentist and a liar, crook and is a *** person

Cincinnati, Ohio
$20000

Dentaris Dental Work Review

JOAQUIN BERRON IS A CROOKED DENTIST IN CANCUN MEXICO. HE WILL LIE TO COVER UO HIS INCONPEBT WORK; STAY AWAY FROM HIM
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Other Product Review

Had the same experience as the others on this site. Dentaris is is a confidence scam ring that prey on people at they're weakest. Joaquin Berron uses charm & an ability to sound like he knows what he is talking about as well as trumped up credentials to reel you in, doesn't use the right hardware nor does he have proper facilities. BEWARE!!!!
Mississauga, Ontario
Poor customer service

Joaquin Berron Incompetent and Crooked DEntist

Dentaris - Joaquin Berron Incompetent and Crooked DEntist
Dentaris - Joaquin Berron Incompetent and Crooked DEntist
In March, 2014, I went to Cancun, Mexico to have old implants removed and four new ones put in. The dentist, Joaquin Berron, was incompetent because while he knew I had an infection in the left implant previously that he treated, beginning on March 26, 2014, 8 days after he installed th implants. But when I returned for my appointment on July 22, 2014, to complete the work, he did not check to see if the infection had been cleared up nor did he take an x-ray. Instead, he made a bar to fit over the implants, and a removable denture to fit over the bar. I had three appointments, with the last one on July 25, 2014, where the bar and denture were put in. I never saw him again. I had an appointment for July 28, 2014, after all the work was complete, but I never kept it because I realized the dentist had charged me for something I did not get, and I had begun to think he was a crook, as indeed he is, as the following emails will show. I also had a pain in my left implant shortly after he finished the work on July 25, and did not trust him to look at it. I wrote him that I was upset and would see a dentist when I returned to the US and did so. I saw five dentists, in fact, and had to spend additional money, not to mention the pain and frustration resulting from Berron’s incompetent work. I now have a different type of denture that would have cost much less if I had stayed in the US and had the same type without going to Mexico. I tried to recover some of my money by disputing the charges, but the bank accepted Berron’s distortions and fabrications, and I have not recovered anything yet. I had an x-ray after the surgery in March 17, 2014, but not when I went back in July; he never mentioned an x-ray until I complained in email exchange with him on July 28 and 29 of July. He used the March x-ray to claim it had been taken in July and showed everything was o.k. Hence, the claim of that July x-ray is a total fabrication; he just relabeled the March one. Below is the email exchange where he is trying to get me to take an x-ray after July 25, 2014 and demonstrates how he is a crook. Berron’s Reply to my Bank on November 12, 2014 in response to my dispute: “4 months after returning the patient had a new panoramic taken where the success of the implants as well as the bone grafts could be assessed,the patient was not comfortable because of the occlusion…so the final prosthesis was changed for a haeder bar for an over denture he even asked us for a few extra attachments in case he required changing them in the future.” Monday, July 28, 2014 email from Berron at 7:34 PM “I am concerned about you,Alejandra forwarded me this e mail and I know you said not to contact you but I like to follow up on my patients and specially when we deliver a big restoration like yours,everything seemed t be fine that day, I just want to make sure you are o.k.” I replied to him about the reason I canceled the appointment. In his reply on Tuesday, July 29, 2014 10:21 AM, Berron wrote: “I am sorry you are upset. I should have explained why we charged that, [an extra $1000] the bar as you can see has large distal extensions, the lab that did it charges for this work according to the amount of metal that is used in the prosthesis that in this case was the same amount that is used for a regular hybrid….” “I wanted to have a panoramic x ray taken on our next appointment in order to assess that everything is fine before you leave, a we can check the implant that you are concerned about, I would really like do that so you and I can have an image to compare and do followups in the future even if you do them in the states,”. Notice that he says he would like to have an image to compare if I had an x-ray in the US: if he had taken an x-ray in July before the 25th, he would have had an image, and no need for a new one a few days later. In the same email, he repeated his request that I come for an x-ray: “Please let me know in you can come for that x-ray, it would be good for the peace of the mind.” In another exchange of emails on the 29, at 2:20 PM , the dentist replied to me again where I reiterated that I was not coming for an x-ray because the bar and denture had already been put in there was nothing to be done now to fix the problem, and I would wait until I got back to the US to have an x-ray done. But I would not do so in Mexico “as long as I have questions about your costs and procedures.” His reply: “If you decide to do the panoramic here, don’t worry, I will pay for it but I want to sleep at night and simply follow up x-ray is what is indicated, if your implants were failing they would have not been fixated, meaning when I removed the prosthesis they would have moved.” No mention of a previous July x-ray here but only that he checked the implants by trying to move them. When I returned to the US, I went to my oral surgeon because of the pain in the extreme left implant where the infection had been. Here is his report. ” The periodontal probing is 9-10 mm around the implant with significant inflammation….I would recommend considering removal of the distal left implant and possibly with distal right.” Dr. Morrison referred me to a Periodontist, Dr Shapiro, to see if the infection could be treated, but he determined it could not be and would have t be replaced. Here are his exact words about all the implants by Dr. Shapiro: “Approximately a 9 mm probing depth noted on the left distal implant “Prognosis: Left distal implant-Unfavorable” “Right distal implant and two middle implants-Questionable” “Due to the position of the implant and the depth of the pocket on the left distal implant, periodontal surgical treatment is not likely to provide significant benefit. The other option is to remove the attachment to the implant and cover it with tissue in the hopes that the symptoms will resolve. Alternatively, the implant can be removed. The right distal implant at this time is not showing the same signs and symptoms. Its position does make it more vulnerable to the same problems as the implant on the left side. The patient may choose to maintain the distal right implant at this time or have it treated in the same way as the left distal implant…. If appropriate, the two distal implants can be either removed or covered with gingival tissue to leave the two anterior implants which have better prognosis in function using locator abutments….” I then consulted two more Prosthodontists and another oral surgeon, all who agreed that the left implant was infected, and the extreme right one was likely to create a problem because it was so close—about 1to 2 mm—from the next one and would not give me ample room to clean the implants throughly. The result has been that my current Prosthodontist had to cover the two —one left and one right—implants, and the bar and denture Joaquin Berron put in had to be discarded. Almost everything Berron did was a complete waste of money and took an enormous effort to repair what the crooked, incompetent Mexican dentist did. Warning: be exceedingly careful before going to Mexico to get dental work done, and stay away from Berron. His web sites are Dentaris, Dental Tourism, Dental Destinations, and he controls all testimonials, and will not publish critical ones. He also has not tried to resolve the issues: I sent him, at his request, the reports of the dentists, and a request that he tell me the name o the implants he used. He refused to do so, and the issues have not been resolved.

yes, you better watch out from this dentist,he is not a us licenced dentist and here in cancun is well known by his malpractice.

you should come to see us, my name is andres menendez , and i am the real owner with my mom, irma gavaldon,of ocean dental, and we can fix that, we can help you with this problem , even to help you sue this doctor, this is one of many doctors in cancun, which are un experienced doctors, this clinic, has this guy called antony the souza, which is in the criminal records , and he is a british criminal, which now works with this doctor. you should what out, and contact us , for further advises

ohhhh my god , this is the same doctor, that placed me my implants, he is really a butcher, i do nto know why they say he is a doctor, i have the same problem, i will go back to sue him, for this i lost 20,000 us, and i am going to get them back, now here no one wants to get involved with my case, i am really pissed off. and i will post on this doctor all over, its ashame that he even says he was trained in the us.

Do you research before traveling,

I was a patient of Dr. Joaquin Berron in Cancun, Luckly I found another clinic also in Cancun to fix the *** work he did

@PissedConsumer1061228

What exactly did you have done that was wrong and who was the other clinic that fixed it? Your lack of specifics does not help me make an informed decision

I went to Dr. Berrien for a full mouth restoration.

Upper & lower implants & dentures.

I ended up with an implant protruding into my nasal cavity & 1 1/2 yrs later having little success with the mess he made in my mouth. Please respond as I feel this butcher needs to be stopped!

Something is wrong here. According to the patient, Dr.

Berron repeatedly asked him to come in so he could check that everything was ok and even offered to pay for his panoramic X-rays. I have had fantastic results with Dentaris and have sent several friends there and they have been equally satisfied.

Wencke S

@PissedConsumer995217

Berron asked me to come in after he had already made the bar and denture, and you miss the point in that he claims he did take an x-ray in July. It is people like you who abet incompetent dentist and allow them to be crooks. Read the article again and you will see that he claimed to have taken the x-ray in july.

View more comments (7)
Cancun, Quintana Roo

Joaquin Berron, dos patos rata

Dentaris - Joaquin Berron, dos patos rata
Put in four implants, one was infected when he finished the work, and second was extreme right implant to close to next one that 5 dentists told me it was likely to fail in the future because it would be difficult to clean since the two were close together. I have had to go to an American dentist to repair the damage the Mexican dentist created, and then the Mexican dentist would not tell me the name of the implant brand that was needed to carry out a restoration of his work. Berron is a dos patas rata. I would recommend that one stay away from Mexico for dental work; there is no accountability , no way to get money back, no way to keep the dentist from engaging in fraud, to name only a few reasons not to go. While the Mexican dentists advertise they have modern technology,Berron did not, and they are not always cheaper, even if you do not have to spend additional money to repair the damage they cause.

Berron is surely a dos patos rato. Crooked dentist who lies to cover up botched and shoddy work.

Incompetent in putting in implants, lies about taking x-rays when he does not, uses materials that he claims are new, but are actually dentures he refurbishes. Charges for things and material he did not do. Does not even have an x-ray machine; what would you think of an U.S.

dentist without one? Stay away from Mexico for dental work, and stay away from the crooked Berron.

Going abroad to Mexico for dentistry is always risky. I have had to clean up many messes.

Going abroad to Mexico for dental implants borders on the insane. Prices are what they are in the US for a reason.

View more comments (1)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Cons
  • Dentaris berron alex
  • Joaquin

Joaquin Berron Dentaris and Rio Grande Clinic are crooks

Had the same problem in Mexico with Dentaris and Joaquin other people have had with Rio Grande Clinic. The dentist was incompetent and a crook at Dentaris same way as in other Mexican Dental Clinics. Shoddy work, incompetent dentist, cheap implants, no accountability and office manager a crook that alters records and lies to protect the incompetent dentist.Other people have the same problems with Mexican dentists who share the general culture of Mexican corruption with politicians and police in that poor nation. Stay away from Mexico if you do not want to have to pay once there and another time to have the work repaired.
#1991778

Stay away from this crooked dentist. See other comments about this crook.

ID
Cons
  • Rio grande clinic
  • Dental destinations
  • Joaquin berron alex moreno
Damaged or defective

Joaquin Berron an incompetent and crooked Mexican dentist

Joaquin Berron: Mexican Dentist who is Incompetent and a Crook Joaquin Berron is a Mexican dentist who is incompetent and an outrageous crook. Joaquin Berron owns a clinic in Cancun, Mexico, Dentaris, that is a well oiled machine to deprive customers of their money and provide incompetent services related to dentist treatments. Te dentist also has a website called Dental Tourism. The first thing they do is to do a bait and switch. That is, Alexandra, the office manage will send you a price list for options for implants and denture types. She will offer a very low price, for one set of implants and a second one for a little higher price, and then one where the price will almost double; despite what you want, the crooked dentist will talk you into the higher priced one as the best solution or claim the more expensive one was necessary before the less expensive choice could be put in. In the meantime, Alex has not even supplied the customer with a complete price list for the lower prices; she will later say that she is terrible at sending out prices as an excuse. Went to Cancun in March, 2014, and got caught in the scam. Dentist Berron took a CT scan to see where to put the implants, and ended up being totally incompetent when he did put them in. He placed the two right implants so close together that they are difficult to be cleaned effectively they should have been at least 3 mm apart but were only 1.5. mm. (2) He put the two extreme left and right implants in at an angle that is contrary to all other dentists who angle implants. Berron’s claim was that he wanted to avoid the mental nerve, but real prosthodontists, oral surgeons and periodontists have said the angle is going the wrong way and they had never seen anything like this. The consensus is the right implants will fail because of the closeness of the implants. (3) The dentist was so incompetent that when he tried to solder the band that would connect the implants together, he fused the abutment with his soldering iron and the left most implant was not connected and created a lump in my jaw. (4) The temporary denture he put in cost a thousand dollars, and was so short that I could not eat for four months without extreme discomfort. The gums on both sides of the jaw were exposed and had to chew often on the gums. Welding with a soldering iron is old technology, another problem with this dentist; Americans and most other dentists would have used lasers to do the connecting. (5) As the dentist admits, in an email to me, 9 days after the implants were done that an infection was likely to have been installed along with the implants. He gave me a 15 days supply of Clindamycin that he called a stronger antibiotic than Amoxicillin, but it is not. It is used for people who are allergic to penicillin, and no stronger than Amoxicillin, and according to my doctor, as opposed to dentist Berron, is weaker. It is always better to check a dentist’s prescription with a doctor who knows much more about drugs and their interactions. (6) I returned to Cancun in July 2014, to have the denture put in. Because of the incompetent way dentist Berron did the procedures, I had to change to a bar and over denture because the short denture was so terrible. The Bar and Denture were much cheaper in the initial price list, but the dentist charged me the price for the more expensive denture even when I did not get it. That is to say,, he did a bait and switch, was too incompetent to carry out the job but charged me for a “success” with the flawed denture and procedures that he charged $2500 for but were useless. Most of what he did now have to be removed. (7) When I returned on july 22nd for my first visit the dentist did not even do a simple probe to check the implant for infection although I had had one immediately after the implants were put in that he had treated me for. Neither did he take a panoramic x-ray to check th implants. He later said he knew they were o.k because they did not move. (8) After realizing I was the victim of a bait and switch scam on July 25, the last day I went to the dentist, I complained about being charged for something I did not get, but the Office Manager, said those were the correct charges. (9) After thinking about the entire process a day or so later, I told the dentist I would not have anything more to do with him in Cancun, but would detail my complaints when i returned to the U.S. It did not work out that way because the dentist emailed me and we had an exchange where he tried to get me to take a panoramic x-ray but I declined, pointing out that it was now too late since I already had the bar and denture. (10) After consulting U.S. dentists and saws what a botched job dentist Berron had done, and that I continued to have an infection in the left implant,I disputed the credit card payment. In his reply to Chase, the dentist contended that he had taken a x-ray in July and everything was o.k. and the work a success. This was a total fabrication and a cover up that the credit card accepted without doing an investigation to determine what actually happened. I have several emails from Berron showing the x-ray was never taken. What he and Alex did was to relabel the x-ray taken in March as one taken in July, a total scam. (11) Crooked Dentist Berron also contended that I had been so satisfied with the success that I cancelled the last appointment; I did cancel it, but because I had discovered he was a crook, and on investigation late on that he was incompetent. But he seems to have forgotten the emails I wrote about the flawed procedures, not just in July but as far back as in April when I reported the problems. with the denture. He called me a senile old man who had changed his mind about the success of his work. (12) When i said Dentaris and Berron had a well oiled machine for scamming people, I mentioned his Office manager, Alexandra. She seems on the surface to be a real person with interest in doing a good job; she is very friendly and helpful, but this is part of the act. She was fully aware of the email exchange in July where I refused to fall for th scam of taking a x-ray that could then be altered because the dentist had sent her copies of the emails at the time. She has t go along with the dentist to keep her job, evidently, but she is just as willing to lie as he is. The result is I am going to lose the left implant because of the infection; there is no way to save it even with periodontal treatment, and the right extreme implant has to come out as well. I will then have t have a locator denture placed o the remaining two middle implants at a cost of several thousand more dollars. I will have ended up paying around $20,000 for a denture I could have gotten for a fraction of that price in the U.S. and not gone through a year or more of pain and adverse consequences. Before you go to Cancun or to any Mexican dentist, be exceedingly careful because you cannot trust many of them, and credit card companies are never going to help you retrieve your money, and here is no accountability in Mexico; the lawless and corruption is not confined to politicians, and police , but permeates the entire culture and dentists such as Berron are in the forefront of successfully carrying out a pervasive scam, and covering it up. Pass this post along to as many people as yo can you might be considering a dental tourism vacation; it might end up being a dental tourist scam!

Had the same issue with the dentist. He is not to be trusted.

Ignore his testimonials since he edits them and says he has never had a complaint. He is incompetent and a crook that will go to any extremes to clove up his incompetence, including fabrications x-rays he never took.

Merida, Yucatan
Cons
  • Fabricates x-rays
  • Lacks accountability for work
  • Incompetent dentist
Reason of review
Incompetent dental work that failed

Joaquin Berron: Incompetent Dentist who is a crook

I had a similar problem i /cancun with the crooked dentist, Joaquin Berron, at Dentaris. He put in four implants, botched the job truing to connect them with a welding iron, put in a temporary denture so short I could hardly eat, introduced an infection with the left implant, put the two right implants so close together they will eventually fail. When trying to get back my some of my money by disputing the charges, the crooked dentist claimed he had taken an x-ray that showed everything was fine before he put in the bar and over denture that I went to after his botched job of putting in a permanent type denture. He took an x-ray in March after the implants were put in, and he then relabeled this as being taken in July as a new x-ray. His cover up of his incompetence is a telling indication of how the culture of corruption does not stop with politicians and police, but permeates the society. His office manager,Alexandra, is a part of the cover up and the bait and switch procedures the clinic uses.

Good to know about Joaquin Berron. Had thought there was something wrong with him because he shows only positive testimonials, as indication he does not put in terrible ones on his web site, Dental Tourism.

Cancun, Quintana Roo
Cons
  • Joaquin berron
  • Crooked office manager
  • Dental tourism
Damaged or defective
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article