Dental Health Associates - Dentistry Doctor Review

Ok, so here is the scoop. My wife and I began going to see Dr. LaGrua at Dental Health Associates sometime ago. He and his staff are superb. Hands down. We moved to North Carolina but continue to come see Dr. LaGrua for our dental care. I mean, come on, not including the dentists in our area of North Carolina but the many we pass on our way to Verona, Virginia, Dr. LaGrua, so to speak, is the man. You and your staff "take the ***" out of going to the dentist! Way to go!
Service
Dental Health Associates Dentistry Doctor
Reason of review
Good customer service

Unprofessional, Rude, Unorganized

Dental Health Associates - Unprofessional, Rude, Unorganized
I'm not sure where to begin about this office. I went there years ago and I never really liked it because of how unorganized it was. No one knew what was going on. They had to ask several people back and forth about things. I decided to give it another try because my son needed some work done ASAP. Well I had an appointment with my son... Took him out of school and everything for this appointment. We get there and they tell me they never received the email that had my sons xrays from another doctor. So the appointment ended up being pointless but at least I was able to get an idea of how much everything was going to cost. I cant complain about the doctor we had. She was very sweet and mentioned to me to call the office and tell them to tell her when the email was sent because then she could give me the exact price of everything. So today that is what I did. Thankfully I had the other doctor office email the xrays to my personal account just in case. Of course Dental Health Associates called me and told me they never received the email. So i personally went in to make sure they got it so I could get the new pricing... The second I opened my mouth the one receptionist cut me off and was kinda nasty and asked for my sons birth date. I was like um ok and gave her the info. Then she starts telling me with an attitude that i need to send in the xrays. I was thrown back because I was like huh? I was explaining that to her when i first started talking - i was there to make sure they would get the xrays. I explained this again to her. She no lie... she rolled her eyes at me and then went to talk to another woman. At this point i was annoyed. I wasn't nasty though. That is the interesting part. I thought she was rude but i was still very respectful. The woman even sneezed and I said bless u to her. So i stood there waiting for the email to go in..finally she says they got it and i said ok..and was trying to mention to have the doctor call me with the new price... but i couldn't get that out of my mouth without her saying "Sooo we are done here!" I was like what? I said no i need the doctor to give me a new price . She then starts telling me to calm down with my attitude and waving her hand in my face. At that point i was so upset. I was like i don't have an attitude... they second i walked in you had one. I was like your the one waving your hand in my face. I then asked for my doctor referral back. I cant believe that even happened. Its like she didn't have time to listen to what i needed to say. Just so unprofessional.

If you didn't like the office to start with, why did you return? It's not like there are not dentists on every streetcorner.

If one doesn't please you, try another! But once you find a good one, stick with him or her!

Stamford, Connecticut

Dental Health Associates

Overcharged me $424 from original estimate. I asked them why the estimate was so far off. The response was "you signed a disclosure" I was very clear that wanted an exact estimate and encouraged them to contact my Dental Provider to be sure of the cost. When it was all said and done the office admitted they never contacted Delta for a written estimate and the reason was because I did not request it in writing. Not sure what their interpretation of EXACT is but I will never go to them again and have filed a complaint with the BBB

Ever hear of going in a hospital for an operation and getting an exact estimate to the dime of what it will cost you? No?

Then why do expect these impossible standards of dentists? Things can change. A cavity can unexpectedly go into the nerve, to name one of a number of unexpected things that can happen.

Why did YOU not call Delta Dental to get an idea of coverage?

After all, it is YOUR insurance. Why not call and be put on hold for 30 minutes by the slimebags who run Delta Dental, and see what dental offices put up with?

Verona, Virginia
Loss

About

Dental Health Associates Privacy Policy
To read more: https://www.mydentalhealthassociates.com/privacy-policy/
Top Dental Health Associates Services

Dentistry Doctor

Summary

Dental Health Associates, Inc. is a large dental practice. The company was founded by Louis G. Spelios in January 2002. Its headquarters is based in Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States. There are 2 more locations in Daytona and Staunton. Dental Health Associates provides a broad range of dental services. They include the following: General & Family Dentistry, Orthodontics, Periodontal Treatment, Cosmetic Dentistry, and Dental Implants. The company also specializes in teeth whitening, porcelain crowns, porcelain veneers, and filing. Emergency dental services are provided. Dental Health Associates accepts dental insurance plans including Anthem Blue cross & Blue Shield, Aetna, Assurant, Delta Dental, and United Concordia.

Dental Health Associates reviews and complaints

Dental Health Associates is ranked 7 out of 392 in Dentistry category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article