8601 Findlay, dishonest owner/seller

To anyone interested in or who purchases this property....BEWARE. The owner is trying to get as much money out of the property as he can. from the outside, it doesn't appear to be in too terrible of shape and, though the owners have been living with numerous cats which have urinated, defecated and vomited all over it for years, it is fixable. This WARNING is to potential buyers about the things that you CAN’T see and that the owner WILL NOT tell you. I know this because I was in the middle of the purchasing the house when I got an eye opener while pet sitting. It rained that particular weekend. I discovered that the back of the house floods inside via the roof AND the back door. The house has settled so far into the ground that the water comes in through the back door to fill it like a small pond. Though the owner told me that the roof was in good condition as it had been repaired after the hurricane, it more than just leaks into the back part of the house, adding to the ponding. The garage is the same. The front of the house has settled into the ground and the water fills the garage when it rains. After taking a closer look at things, I realized that the owner had to have known about these problems. I guess I should have been tipped off when I saw that he had his freezer elevated. I was shocked and disheartened to find out that someone would be so dishonest, especially someone that I have known for years. I was lucky enough to find out before the sale went through and was able to get out without any penalties but the next person might not be so lucky. Sellers are obligated by law to disclose these faults when they know about them. I write this not only to warn potential buyers but also to document the facts so that anyone falling into his trap will have some kind of legal recourse.
ID
Houston, Texas
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article