map-marker Ames, Iowa

The lid buckled, causing failure of the canning jar seal.

Denali Canning - The lid buckled, causing failure of the canning jar seal.
Late at night, I finished canning a batch of tomatoes. I was one lid short for the 7th jar, so cracked open the Denali canning lids to cover the final jar. I have been canning items for 40 years and have NEVER had a lid buckle on me until last night. The other company lids all sealed. Unfortunately, the Denali lid buckled and failed. I am extremely disappointed in this product. These lids were not purchased at a deep discount, either, but at my local grocery store full priced. Too much work goes into canning to waste money on an ineffective product in the final stage.

User's recommendation: Purchase a different, more reliable product.

RASHELL B
map-marker Coos Bay, Oregon

Faulty canning lids

Denali Canning - Faulty canning lids
Updated by user Dec 16, 2021

Denali company representative contacted me via email. First, she said since they sold them thru the walmart.com site they would only honor Walmarts 90-day warranty.

I thought this was a joke as canning is a seasonal or opportunity activity. I didn't have them much past...

Original review Nov 15, 2021
Since the pandemic canning products have been hard to get. I have been canning for several years now and usually go with Ball or Kerr the time-tested canning products companies. I decided to try Denali canning company's product as they were available at a time when Ball and Kerr were not. I am extremely disappointed as over 60% of the lids failed. I tried two different batches on two different days of canning berry jam which uses the water canning method. The lids puckered consistently in both batches. Canning is labor-intensive and I will never recommend or use the Denali canning products. I have never had any issues in my years of canning using Kerr or Ball products. DON'T USE DENALI CANNING PRODUCTS OR YOU WILL CREATE MORE WORK FOR YOURSELF.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: DON'T USE DENALI CANNING LIDS, THEY PUCKER AND YOU WILL HAVE TO REDO AT LEAST 60% OF YOUR JARS.

Guest

I bought two boxes at Farm Fleet that were jars and lids of Dinali I’m trying it the second time on the same batch because the first batch didn’t work and I’m thinking the second batch is not going to work either very disappointed a lot of work went into this and now I’m going out and buying ball lids they don’t fail like Denali

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article