Online scam companies operating under www.deltacloseouts.com, www.allstatecamera.com, and www.thedigitalpros.com

This company is a small-scale, multiple website scam operation, apparently operating out of a house in Orlando, Florida based upon internet research. It and the other related websites, advertise less expensive cameras and electronics online, then gets the customer on the telephone to tell them the products don't come with batteries and try to trick/bully the customer into buying excessively priced add-ons. When a customer balks or even asks questions, they become aggressive and rude, and hang up on the customer to take advantage of someone else who might fall for the scam. I placed an order on www.deltacloseouts.com website on Saturday November 26, for a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70KA 16.1-Megapixel Bridge Camera for $179, $20 less than other websites. I received an order number of 9303 at checkout but no email confirmation. As of Monday, still no email, so I called the telephone number, receiving the answering message of All State Camera (www.allstatecamera.com). I called back today, Tuesday, and "Robert" answered, and immediately had my order in front of him after giving him the order number. He said it was being shipped out "right now" and that I hadn't ordered a battery for it. I asked "I beg your pardon"? He said I didn't have a battery, "did I want the two hour for $29 or the five hour for $39?" I said I thought the battery came with the camera, and he said "no". I said the other websites have the batteries, to which he replied, "Well, if you can get the camera with the battery from someone else, why don't you buy it there?". I was looking at Delta Closeouts website while talking to him, and the only battery listed was a $79 super hi-capacity. I said "hold on a minute and I will call you back", to which he replied "You can't call back, the camera is ready to leave" and that if I didn't want it he was cancelling my order. I said "What?" and he said "I have four more people on hold in cue and I can't wait". I asked for him to just put me on hold, so I could decide between the batteries. His response was only "I just cancelled your order" and then hung up on me! He actually did me a favor, as now that I have done a more in-depth researching of the company, it is obviously run by scam-artists who trick people into buying the camera because of a slightly lower price and then charge excessive prices for peripherals that are included elsewhere, and use bully tactics when getting the customer on the phone. They also cut off customers who are indecisive or complaining because they know they won't agree to these practices. I called back immediately and the phone was answered by "Peter", when I asked to speak with a manager to complain about customer service he said sure and placed me on hold. It has now been 35 minutes and I am still on hold, knowing that they won't answer the phone, but leaving it on while I looked up the BBB online and Yelp to file online complaints and warn other customers about this company. I also recorded both conversations, the original one and the 35 minute wait on hold for proof. This company is the same as www.allstatecamera.com with the telephone number 1-80*-482-****. The Delta Closeouts telephone number of (321) 332-**** is actually registered to Leandro Gutierrez, 1919 Morning Dr, Orlando, FL 32809.

Same thing happened to me. Received phone call from New York, NY #(347) 821-**** and someone left me a voicemail message to call them back.

For what, for him to be rude and aggressive again?

No thanks! That camera better have been refunded.

ID
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Cons
  • Scam
Reason of review
Scam artists
Preferred solution
Warn other customers

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article