Ripped off @ Deer Valley Dental, Consumer Beware

RE: My bad experiences with 'Deer Valley Dental' Here's a copy of my initial complaint (below), to the 'Albert Dental Association' one will follow to the 'Better Business Bureau', even more to forums like this. Attention: Complaints Director (without prejudice) The Christmas before last I went to a new dentist (dental institution) 'Deer Valley Dental' (1221 Canyon Meadows Drive SE, Deer Valley Market PlaceCalgary 403-271-****). I did not have a very good experience there, apparently all the real assistants, hygienists’ etc. were off, and the office was full of temps. The hygienist that served me, using the pick (and a heavy Ukrainian accent) cut my mouth, and yes, I was sitting quite still - mouth wide open. Next, was the dental assistant, which informed she was from Vancouver, & smelled very heavily of marijuana, she seemed quite skittish, clearly did not know what she was doing, and definitely did not have a steady hand. As Dr. Premy (dentist) was doing a filling, she left this individual temporarily with the grinder in my mouth, with no concept what so ever, she let it bash off my teeth (esp the one being worked on, bottom left, second from the back). I've had infinite problems with this tooth ever since, and have been in for numerous adjustments, to no avail. I still have a considerable amount of pain in that tooth, it has been structurally compromised, and has fallen apart. The other four filings that were done still prove somewhat sensitive, if not painful (quite sometime later). I'm not sure if the dentist(s) are that inexperienced, are using cheap fill, or what is going on, in any event, the quality of the work which has been done is unacceptable. I’ve never had any problems with dentist I’ve seen in the past. If this is not enough, it seems every time I receive a quote from Michelle in billing, I end up getting charged more. To boot, I get constantly harangued by someone stating 'you still need to have these cavities done'! Where's the empathy IE 'how do you feel'? The dentists always try to rush, & to fill as many as cavities as possible in a short time frame, giving me *** when I ask to have the more sensitive ones done first (as if it's not convenient for them). Extremely rude/bad customer service. I can hear 'chi ching' in that office, @ 'Deer Valley Dental', you can bank on shotty work, bad customer service, and greed. What I would like is to have all my money refunded (for all the work that has been done), and to go see a skilled dentist that is at least listens to the customer, & is little compassionate. I’ve tried numerous times to work it out with these guys (being as diplomatic as possible), all they wanna do is argue, esp. the billing dept; so I’m done. I had though about going to my MLA, or posting infinite derogatory reviews on the internet; I'm so upset.. Can you help me? --------------------------------------------------------Conclusively I did my best to communicate with these individuals, and to dispose of this issue before posting, my hopes here are that naive people such as myself do not get injured, or taken advantage of. I brought this issue to the attention of the manager, which did nothing to rectify the situation, pretty much belaboring the issue, the dentist herself was argumentative. Bottom line, don't have work done at 'Deer Valley Dental' if you want quality, and to be pain free.
ID
Calgary, Alberta
Loss
$2000

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article