DealerRater Reviews

Show reviews that mention
dealership car service email negative reviews web internet money reviews reputation
Filter review

Verified Reviewer

Terrible Tazewell Motors False review rank.

DealerRater - Terrible Tazewell Motors False review rank.
Original review updated by user Jul 18, 2021
The review for Tazewell Motors was 5 star. Which is completely false because David Norman is a fraud and sells defective vehicle. I used DealerRater ratings to purchase from Tazewell Motos (Maverick Motors) but was sold a POS! DealerRater, ratings are controlled by the dishonest dealership, to give a false sense of confidence. #dealerrater #tazewellmotors #peoriamotors #eastpeoriamotors Check out the victims of Peoria motors Facebook (Community tab) for real reviews.
ID
Cons
  • Lies
  • Terrible
  • Fraud
Loss
Full refund

Verified Reviewer
Junior Reviewer

Scammed

I put a complaint in about a dealer, Heritage Toyota, and gave it one star. I wrote a lengthy complaint saying nothing out of the ordinary, just complained about the rude service and rip off for wiper blades. Then I was received an email from DealerRater saying I did not follow the rules. Yeah, I got it, the rules are that you have to give 4 or 5 stars so that they can sell those back to the companies I would guess. So be warned, reviews found on DealerRater are very bias. It is a scam IMO.

User's recommendation: Don't use this site [Dealerrater] to find reviews for any business.

Numidia, Pennsylvania
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Just another BBB like site that hides bad reviews for paying dealerships

Just shameful these types of services. Don't believe that these dealerships have these kind of reviews. I posted a negative review and it was rejected for what ever reason. They are not truthful in any way and if you Google "Dealerrater fake reviews" you will see what I mean. Site like this are paid by the dealership to suppress reviews and help keep a positive rating for the dealership. Just consider that it is very difficult for a company to get real positive reviews and dealerships are by nature shady and full of boarder line criminals. Dealerrater is not a legitimate place to research a dealership and neither is the BBB. Go to Yelp and check the company out. The dealership I complained about has a horrible online reputation except on dealerrater and a few other PAID dealership based services.

I could not agree more. An example is Hawthorne Chevy in northern NJ.

My son and I had the worst buying experience that included lies after lies. Went to Yelp and saw many negative reviews that matched our experience.

Dealer Rater gave them 4.8 out of 5 stars. What a joke!

I agree!

Just found that out by calling the company!Because it happened to me too.

View more comments (2)
Reason of review
Site is full of fraudulent reviews
For consumer information

"Bait and Switch; Dishonest; Poor Maintenance!"

There was not enough space to convey my disgust with your dealership on Dealerrate.com. I had a verbal sales agreement based on an internet price for a new (2018 Ford Focus). I emphasized to the internet dealership sale rep that my offer price included all hidden cost, tax, tags, etc. (I have in the past made similar offers which precluded wasting my time in the showroom negotiating a final out the door price!) Again, I reiterated my offer price on two different occasions and asked him to ensure that the price was accepted by his manage prior to coming in to pick up the car. I reiterated that my check was going to be $14,200 and no more! However, upon arrival and further discussion I was provided a sales agreement with an additional $4000 in hidden costs and told that the agreed to price was a mistake. Upon leaving it was suggested that I look at used cars and they would certainly make good on a deal. I hesitated and then thought why not; well, that was a mistake! Again, a price was provided and I verbally accepted. I said I would be back tomorrow (Monday) to close on the deal. However, it was strongly suggested that I close on the deal today (Sunday) since manager, Dante, was off Monday. I agreed with the assurance by both Gram (salesperson) and Dante that the car would be detailed and serviced the first thing on Monday but since there was a storm I would need to remove the car off the lot for plowing. So we drove the car home and I dropped the car off Monday morning (as agreed). I also, reiterated the agreement for the car to undergo full maintenance including an oil change and fluid checks etc. I was reassure this would be done. Several hours later after three calls on the status, I was informed that the car was ready. I asked to obtain a copy of the service record and was told by the Gram that it was not available. I insisted to receive a copy of maintenance record, and again, Gram respectfully told me it was not available. I was very suspicious and asked if the oil change was performed, and then to my surprise, Gram said it was not needed! Wow, he or someone in the service shop determined it was not needed, so again, they reneged! Upon further inspection I noticed that nothing was done; the car fluids antifreeze and brake reservoir where at the same levels. Apparently the dealership did nothing for the 3 - 4 hours it was there for servicing! Very very disappointing --- this was the reason they could not produce any paperwork for the service supposedly done. This is a factual and accurate account which I plan to push up to the FORD Corporate latter. I left your dealership in disgust; when I arrived home I had to do the simple maintenance on my own. I also mentioned to Gram that the electric system (specifically the battery) needed to be checked since it did not start easily that day and nothing was further discussed! Also, checked the tire pressure and put air in one of the tires! Other short comings that I just remember! After my first posting - I was requested to contact one of the managers Ruth @ (ruth.aguilar@***.com). I forwarded a message similar to this posting but got on reply. I also follow-up with another email providing my personal cell phone and again, no reply! Thus the reason for this additional posting.
Pricing issue
Loss
Price reduction

Dont trust DealerRater.com

they get paid by the dealerships to make them look good... I wrote a bad review of a recent experience i had in a Toyota dealership in the Katy Area and they delete my comments, then they send me an email saying it was not legit, I reply back asking them to contact me to verify everything and they never call me back, two weeks I wrote them again and they still don't care, maybe I shoud send a check so they can pay attn ... BS don't trust that website, they don't make their money from you (the buyers), get away from that website, besides every scenario is different , sometimes good sometimes bad experiences but at the end YOU are the only one that can fight for your best deal
Houston, Texas
Poor customer service

West Edmonton Hyundai

I would most certainly recommend this dealership to everyone. They provided me with the most unforgettable and fulfilling car buying experience of my entire life . I felt every human emotion possible and then some. My salesman (Keith) was brilliant at blowing the smoke up my *** while the Service Manager (Jeff) and Public Relations guy (Tom) surgically rammed the stick up it. The General Manager (Dwayne), safely nestled in his office, was a master at playing the invisible man trick. Magnificent I tell yaw! Outside of paying a bundle for my car they ensure that you just keep paying and paying through their service methods. And not just out of pocket but time as well. It took three months and seven visits later until I was able to finally get their stick out of my ***. Another dealership pulled that out for me. Although the hemorrhoids still linger. Heck! WHY wouldn't I recommend this dealership. LMOA. Click the YouTube video link below or copy and paste it into your web browser for my complete experience. Or visit the "brokenedmonton channel" on YouTube. Enjoy. youtube.com/watch?v=5hCSZYcajrY

Where's your video?

Burnaby, British Columbia

DealerRater is a bogus front for car dealers

DealerRater is in business for dealers, not consumers. Sort of a Reputation Defender (reputation.com) for car dealers. They attempt to validate reviews, and let dealers harass you when you post something negative. When the collect positive reviews (real or bogus?) they can offer a scrolling feed for dealers to imbed on their web sites. The negative reviews are suppressed. If dealers were concerned about negative reviews, they should be investing their money and effort into customer satisfaction (prevent bad reviews) instead of suppressing (censorship) of negative reviews. I know some bad reviews are from hotheads that may actually be in the wrong, but a business that helps harass people who've been legitimately mistreated is flat out wrong. DealerRater.com and Reputation.com are all about flooding the internet with redundant good reviews and attempting to flood out the bad reviews. In the end, neither can be trusted. It's back to word-of-mouth, I guess.

Organic reviews via FB and Google, and Ebay are REAL reviews...please keep that in mind when making a purchasing decision.

The worst dealers with the worst customer experience use Dealer Rater to put a smoke show up to cover their horrible true reviews, look at the dealers that have won their dealer of the year with Dealer Rater-pay them and they can make you look supreme. But there are no short cuts to properly servicing the customer. Avoid Dealer Rater Dealers.

This company allows people to call people derogatory names and falsely accuse people of being racisist I ask them to take it down they say they dont see a problem with that.

Looking for a quick fix to a problem or just revenge? Dealer Rater is in business for Dealer Rater.

It's the classic shakedown. Dealer Rater posts your angry, frustrated, I got ripped off, those horrible b@***t@^ds! Dealer Rater buys top space on Google searches. Within hours of your angry post, Dealer Rater calls the dealer and offers to "help", for a rather costly, monthly fee.

When you Google a dealer for info, negative posts are displayed. The craziest "trolls" get top billing. The dealer's rating is one star, until the dealer submits to the extortionists. Once the dealer signs up and makes his monthly payments, he becomes "Certified".

Then the site is flooded with positive reviews, solicited from many sources. You don't even have to buy anything to post a negative or positive review. Anyone can post anonymously and there is no checking the validity of the "story", good or bad. So, a Certified dealer is paying for his reputation to be managed by Dealer Rater.

If you have a concern sometimes you can resolve things quickly by calling the owner or general manager of the business. They have a vested interest in their business and your satisfaction. Try not to be rude or insult people. It only makes things ugly.

If need be, call your local Auto Dealer Licensing authority. Most jurisdictions have very good consumer protection advocates.

And please remember, maybe you're angry and you may be exaggerating a little bit?

Completely agree. Just tried to post a negative experience with Hunt Club Nissan, and I've already been contacted by the sales manager who asked me to remove my post. After reading the many reviews on this dealership, I have a hard time believing they are written by actual consumers.

Just another YELP lol.

How do we stop sites like this that are lies. A local dealer is using Dealerrater and lying customers.

Not cool

I would agree with the posts that DealerRater is a site for Dealers about Dealers. If you pay to belong, you have the ability to respond to negative reviews and more.

You don't pay, you don't get to respond, or use any of the positive reviews on your website.

How do I know? I'm a franchised Dealer (for over 20 years).

You want more detail on what a car Dealer is really like, check Yelp. Most Dealer's don't like Yelp.

I do. They don't help the business, and they don't post reviews base upon if you advertise with them. Proof - lot's of business's with bad reviews paying to lead customers to their bad reviews (I still don't understand why business's do that).

If you want to find out a little about a Dealer - stand in their service drive in the morning and watch the attitude of the customers who are dropping off their car. Talk to several about the Dealership.

Check the attitude of the employees. If the Dealer isn't treating the employees right, the employees won't treat the customer right either.

Don't think all Dealer's are bad - they aren't.

Some care very much about the long term success of their business and know that happy customers make that happen.

I noticed that JD Power is now involved in DealerRater. That should be a red flag!

I agree wholeheartedly. I fell victim to this scam myself.

The experience I had at the dealer was exactly the opposite of what I expected.

I wrote a lengthy review of everything that had taken place (including my credit being ran after I had made it very clear I was pre-approved and didn't want another ding on my credit report) and my entire review was deleted. Don't fall victim to the DealerRater scam.

Would each of you like some cheese with your whine! You think dealers are bad, try dealing with a bunch of whiners like you.

Nothing is free in this world, and all posting are probably the first ones that say to the dealer when the deal is being written up, "I don't want to play games", but when the true, no-profit deal is presented to you, you balk back with disbelief, then you ask for more than off and more for your trade, outright robbery in any other retailers book.

I am glad you all have bad experiences from dealers, we can spot a *** a mile away, we just have the balls to treat you like one. Back to playing the world's smallest violin for ya'.

View more comments (17)
Baltimore, Maryland

Brands Related to DealerRater

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article