Zero customer service- it's a sham

i bought a coupon for a health treatment. the provider was concerned about my medical history and advised she could not provide the treatment. She said i should contact Dealathon and ask for a refund. i tried repeatedly to contact them by phone- left many messages explaining the problem and asking for contact. I also sent several emails while logged in on their webiste. Never have heard from them. I want my $39 refunded, and they are impossible to reach. You can leave a phone message on their customer service voice mail, but they never return calls. Don't deal with them. Their Customer Service is non-existant- it is a complete sham.
Calgary, Alberta

No refund, no service

We purchased a helicopter tour through dealathons last year. We booked the trip and went out to use it. The address on the voucher was not correct. This caused us to waste a full day driving to the wrong location. the tour company allowed us to rebook. On the new date, the tour was cancelled due to weather. We rebooked again and it was cancelled due to weather a second time. Again we tried to rebook. the helicopter tour company said they can't book us as dealathons has not and will not pay them as the coupon has expired. We contacted dealathons and they say they will not refund the money as the coupon has expired.

This is interesting. So an expiry date works in Dealathons favor - unable to redeem voucher means that the merchant does not get paid and Dealathon keeps all the money.

What a sweet deal for Dealathon!!

And you have no chance to get any kind of compensation. Sounds like a class action suit needs to happen

Calgary, Alberta
Loss

Dealathons a total rip off! Stay FAR away from them at all costs!

Stay far far away from this place. The customer service with this company is horrible and that's putting it nicely. I have never been treated so horrible like I have by Dealathons. I purchased a coupon to use at a local business to use from this dealathons website. Something went wrong with the merchant and I was let down by their service. When I called I was expecting the person to at least listen to my concerns at dealathons, but instead of listening to my concern the rep only insulted me for redeeming the voucher in the first place. I was told by "David M." that it was too bad that I didn't have a good experience with the company I bought the voucher for. The website for dealathons refund policy states: "At Dealathons we strive to offer the best experience for our subscribers. We also understand that life happens, so we offer a 14 day refund policy on all of our deals, but remember that most of our deals don't expire so just hold on to it until you are ready to use it. "Dealathons stands behind every business featured on our site. Our mission is to offer our subscribers the best their city has to offer. We expect our subscribers to be treated well and to have a positive experience. If for whatever reason you feel you did not receive the services offered by the voucher you purchased or you were treated unfairly, please contact Dealathons at 416 461 **** or email us at support@***.com and we will do our best to resolve the matter." The person even repeated the same refund policy on the site as we spoke. Everything I asked he countered as if I was personally attacking him. He said that he could not refund me as it would take away from Dealathons profits. They say they stand behind the businesses they promote but that is not true at all. This David M person said he was "the one and only working there". Turns out this David M is listed as the CEO as well for this company which truly now shows how the company is run. I will not be purchasing anything from this site again nor recommend it to anyone ever!

whatever happened to the customer is always right?

I also have a complaint about Dealathon , I purchased a set of beats by Dre Bluetooth speaker , it has been 2 months now , David was getting back to my emails at first but in the last or so not even was replied to me, I tried to get a refund from paypal but it's too late for that as well , I'm starting to think that I got ripped off by them

Hi and thank you for making this public. After insulting two of my support workers with vulgur and offensive language, I had no choice as the CEO, but to get involved.

This customer had already redeemed the voucher.

Due to this, we cannot refund a used voucher since the merchant has to be paid.

In this case we did offer a good will $15 credit and a free massage but it seems that was not enough. We tried to work something out with this customer, even though they redeemed the full service, but this customer was only interested in yelling curses and insults.

@PissedConsumer550796

Hi David ,I have emailed you numerous times in the past week or so and I have yet to receive a response from you regarding my beats by Dre speaker , I don't have them and my money is gone

View more comments (3)
Vancouver, British Columbia

About

Summary

Dealathons is presented to be a simple way to receive huge discounts and discover fun, new activities in the city. Each day, it features an interesting experience in some cities at an incredible price - typically 50-90 off. Customers get opportunity to discover discounts at restaurants, spas, golf courses, services, entertainment, stores, and more. By using group-buying power, Dealathons is able to convince local businesses to provide those discounts. Dealathons is a supporter of Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto, B.C. Children's Hospital in Vancouver and the Alberta Children's Hospital Foundation. Dealathons offers up its best coupon deals in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary and across Canada.

Dealathons reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article