Resolved: Unethical, no customer service, don't honour satisfaction guarantee

Update by user Sep 20, 2019

I eventually got a refund, but not before joining the complaints on Better Business Bureau, SiteJabber, etc. Wow, people hate this company - and with good reason.

Original review posted by user Aug 21, 2019
I ordered a top from DeadlyGirl.com. They had a phone number and satisfaction guarantee, so I took the chance. Wow, was that a mistake. The first issue was that they immediately started spamming me multiple times a day. The first email said, "Please confirm subscription. You won't be subscribed if you don't click the confirmation link above." I didn't confirm, but got multiple spams a day, anyway. Fed up, I tried calling them, only to be met with an unprofessional recorded message saying I needed to email. So - really angry, at this point - I did email. I complained about the spam, their unprofessionalism, and cancelled the order. They didn't reply to the email until a couple of days after, apologising for the spam, but not acknowledging the cancellation at all. I complained again, with no response, and four days later, got an email saying the order had been dispatched. The item purchased was the "New Leather Buckle Long Flare Top". When it arrived, the buckles weren't leather, but cheap vinyl. I contacted them to arrange a return for full refund, as the product wasn't as described, and they claimed the product description said it was fake leather. They had actually CHANGED THE DESCRIPTION. I have a PDF of the page, including the URL and date, showing very clearly that nowhere does it say the leather is fake. They relented, agreeing to provide a full refund. I sent the item with tracking, and it arrived at the owner's Kentucky home three days later. Two weeks passed, and no refund. When I contacted them, they demanded a tracking number - even though the owner received it over two weeks prior. I provided the number, and they told me I'd have to wait another 7-10 days for a refund. That's nearly two months from when I had the misfortune of ordering from them, and I still don't have my money back. They don't answer the phone number displayed prominently all over their site. They answer emails days later, if at all. They sign you up for spam you never asked for. They will, unbelievably, change the description of an item, to avoid letting you return it. And most of all, they don't honour their satisfaction guarantee, found at the bottom of every page on the site. They're unethical, and based on the terrible quality of the one item I did receive, there is no way it's worth the risk to buy from them.
Resolved
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article