Dayton Memorial Park Cemetary does not respect the dead

My son was buried at Dayton Memorial Park on Jan. 5, 2010, his headstone was set just before May 30, 2010. The area surrounding the headstone was not landscaped by mid-July and there was an ugly, muddy furrow around the headstone, so I left a message for our salesman ("Bill"). There was no change by August so I called again and Bill called me back, I explained the problem and Bill said he would take care of it. Still no change by September so I stopped in and spoke to Bill directly, again he said he would take care of it. Nothing was done by October so I again stopped in, Bill reported that this was anyone's fault but his (the groundskeepers, other complaining patrons, his boss) and called both the police (to have me removed) and the groundskeepers. I met the groundskeepers at the grave and they did finally fill the furrow with soil before days end. My son's grave looks like complete ***, like no one cares one bit about him. No other action was possible so late in the season, however, and we never received even so much as a note of apology from the General Manager. These people take your money willingly enough but then don't provide the service they promise, and what can you do?
ID
San Bruno, California

About

Summary

Dayton Memorial Park is a full service facility which includes: Traditional Ground Burial Sections, In Ground Cremation, Veteran Sections, Columbaria for Cremains, Mausoleum Crypts for Entombment, New Mausoleum and Infant Section. The cemetery office has grave decorations for purchase. Those include vases for monuments, in-ground vases, solar lights, and flower saddles or bouquets for monuments. Markers, granite and bronze, and full sized memorial monuments for sale are available. Dayton Memorial Park has been serving Dayton families since 1923, providing them with a special sanctuary where they can commemorate their loved ones. Marker and monument cleaning as well as maintenance services on request, seasonal flower placements are offered.

Dayton Memorial Park reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article