Poor customer service false info

Purchased a vehicle to have in the shop. After having it for. 2 weeks ac evaperator costing 1200 an dealership wont pay to repair it or even help very rude also gave no paperwork saying thus vehicle dosent have a waranty of 30 days this is a 2009 dodge nitro with only 41.600 miles on it an I live. 2 hours away from the dealership which in return said we can only discount it if u bring it to us but unfortunately we cant help you I called dodge customer service to hopefully help but pretty much I'm on my own haven't even made first payment let alone have been able to enjoy the vehicle
ID
Sebring, Florida
Loss

Dayton Andrews Clearwater Service Dept

I went to get my vehicle fixed, and spoke to a guy named MIKE, I was told that they would have to inspect the vehicle to look for anything else that may need attention besides what I came in there for, they also told me that they would have to charge me for this as well. I thought that was a fair deal so I let them look it over. Well when they gave me an assessment of what was wrong with the vehicle they missed a lot of the issues I told him that was wrong with the vehicle originally, he wound up saying nothing like, "oh yeah we will fix that too", I had to tell them what was wrong with my vehicle again. So questions, what did I need to pay them for exactly? That was the first red flag. Then I decided to move forward , meanwhile the guy lacks any kind of customer service, his attitude was less then desirable and he did not make me feel confident that he had my best interest at heart. So after they gave me a price and I gave them the okay to fix the vehicle, Mike calls me back and says we have a major problem. He proceeds to tell me the ULIMATE MACHANIC SCAM, which was my second red flag. He said that now that the mechanics have my vehicle all apart some major things were wrong that they couldn't see before and that they had to get fixed, and that they can put the car together and not fix it but I probably won't be able to drive it. Now because I am not a mechanic I believed what he was saying although I questioned the fact that I drove it in there just fine. Now they need even more money. Now to add even more insult to injury my vehicle was with them for a week now and low and behold I get another phone call, with the same message, there is more things wrong with my car, and they need more money. I was furious and I called MIKE back and asked him if he gets paid commission or something because it seems odd that there were so many things wrong with my vehicle, I only came in there for one of two things now it's everything that needs a fixing. I was held hostage because I am not a mechanic, I finally said okay against my better judgment, just to get the nightmare over with. I wound up paying more for the repairs than the car was worth. So I finally got my vehicle back, and I still had the same problems (WTF), and my lights started flickering like a cop car, I had to drive to the side of the road and drive slow with now lights just to make it home, and my horn wasn't working (it was when I brought it in through), and I still had the oil leak I originally came in for. So I brought the vehicle back and they tried charging me more money to fix what they broke and to fix again my oil leak that was never fixed in the first place. At this point the MIKE guy was treating me like a basket case and was being very rude, he even let me speak to a manger and the manager was in on the whole gig. You would think that with all the money I just spent there, into the thousands for my vehicle, that they would treat me a lot better than that. But they are not concerned about customer service, they are only concerned about getting as much money as they can from me so the service guys get their commissions. In the end I did not feel confident in them helping me so I took my vehicle to a mechanic who wound up befriending me and looking at my vehicle and checking the work that Dayton Andrews has done, he couldn't believe the story and was very concerned because when he looked over the vehicle, some of the things they said they fixed where never even touched by human hands, and that the things they told me that had to be fixed, were things that would not allow me to even be able to drive the car into their shop in the first place. So my advice to anyone that is in need of repairs for their vehicle, do not fall for the Dayton Andrews commission paid service guys SCAM, who don't care about you as an American trying to feed your family.

Wow I can’t believe that they did this to you, I actually had the same experience when I went down there myself and was treated in the same manor, I was lucky though and pulled out before they were able to charge me with anything, What they did not know is that I have some mechanical experience and was able to look over the vehicle before I took it in, and they found all kinds of things wrong with the vehicle that I knew were not an issue. :upset

ID
Clearwater, Florida
Loss

About

Dayton Andrews Privacy Policy
Thank The Customer for visiting Company's Dayton Andrews Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Clearwater website, including Dayton Andrews's' mobile device-ready version. This way, the content of Company's website will be as relevant as possible for The User of Website the customer. The Company hope that The Client find Dayton Andrews's' website to be a useful part of The Client's car-buying experience. To accomplish this, Website responsibly collect and utilize personally identifiable information. www.daytonandrews.net respect The User's privacy, and this Privacy Policy documents Company's commitment to safeguard and treat The Client's privacy and the personal information that The Company collect online with reasonable care and in strict compliance with applicable law for the protection of personally identifiable information. What types of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under Dayton Andrews's' control.
To read more: https://www.daytonandrews.net/privacy.aspx
Summary

Dayton Andrews is lcoated in Florida. It has three departments. Each one is responsible for service, sales and parts of different vehicles. You can browse new or old vehicles, read their technical characteristics and get acquainted with price details. Lots of well-known American and international vehicles models are represented by this company. In addition to this, Dayton Andrews offers vehicle incentives which give an opportunity of taking part in special programs concerning pricing and sales. The company invites dealers for cooperation as well. The partners are free to contact official representatives and start own business in one or another region in a franchise form.

Dayton Andrews reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article