Verified Reviewer

Top notch breeder

Day Dream Akitas - Top notch breeder
The breeder has to be one of the sincerest person I have met when it comes to her breeding programs. I did my reviews of her and found the comments to incorrectly portray her. The puppy we purchased has so for been nothing but superb. Every time I have had a question the breeder has responded with top quality advice.

User's recommendation: Highly recommend.

#2038282

What ever negative feedback you see is germane only to that person. I would question it even still.

I purchased a show quality puppy from Day Dream Akitas and was very pleased. Not only was I extremely happy with the confirmation of the dog, but was very happy with his personality and disposition.

Again, he was billed as a "show quality" puppy and finished his championship within a year using a professional handler. I can't wait to get my next Akita from Day Dream Akitas.

Day Dream Akitas Akita Dog
Pros
  • Quality of puppies

WARNING - Pulled another Daydream Akita from a dog auction

Day Dream Akitas - WARNING - Pulled another Daydream Akita from a dog auction
Well in 2016 we pulled 2 Daydream Akitas from the MO Dog Auction. 2 long coat males were the first ones we acquired from Just Pups close down auction. Then in October 2017 we acquired another one of her dogs a female. Somehow her female with GH pedigree ended up in Amish dog breeding farm. This girl is in rough shape :-( I want everyone to know YES..Daydream knows her dogs end up in shelters which in turn end up in rescue. The rescues have contacted her over the years she does not return calls. Which is an easy way to say she is "not aware" of her dogs in shelters or rescue. Please see the pedigree of the girl we acquired last month. Yes, Daydream sold this female which in turn ended up at a dog auction.

I don't think slamming a breeder is the answer. Over the year's lessons have been learned, contracts changed and improvements made.

Isn't rescue, also, about educating? Maybe people shouldnt6jump so quickly to judge when most rescuers have been in loved with breeding at one time or another and are most likely not squeaky clean. I wouldn't answer my phone to calls from people like you. Maybe if she paid a membership fee people in rescue and approved breeders would choose to work with a breeder instead of blasting them.

Why are you all butoh dog's from puppy mill auctions anyhow? What about all the dog's you choose not to save and let be killed in shelter's? Do you purchase puppy mill dog's from auction's just to get their pedigree and flip their puppies? Maybe you're a part of the problem.

Stuff like this is why people don't want to supportrscues. Instead of focusing on the dogs6you all get your ego's and personalities in loved and do dirty, rotten and unethical stuff that brings harm instead of healing. When it comes time for me to look for a pup I will not be following a paid for membership approved list. People read this stuff you post and if this is the only issue with this breeder and the dog's are health tested, then, this may be my breeder of choice.

P.S.

Where are you the "consumer"? Maybe you are a "comsumer" flipping puppy mills dog's and pups that you get for cheaper fees.

Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Full refund

Day Dream Akitas is a GREEDER Breeder!

Stay away for Day Dream Akitas. She is "NOT" looked upon as a good breeder in the Akita world!! She breeds for money only! We have gotten 2 of her Akitas from a dog actions in Wheaton, MO. These dog auction are for Puppy Mill people to disperse there dogs. The two male dogs were from a closeout on a HUGE puppy mill called Just Pups! Just Pups was sued by N.J. & MO. All the puppies that were breed by the Day Dream Dogs were sold in pet stores in N.J. I am warning everyone STAY AWAY from her she only breeds for MONEY!! If you want proof contact me privately I will send you the dogs pedigree along with all of invoices from the dog action
#1392019

More dogs of hers just purchased at another puppy mill dispersal auction.

ID
Cons
  • Her dogs were purchased from a puppy mill auction
Bad Dog BREEDER
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Pissedconsumer.com is, sadly, a bored and untruthful person

I have purchased a beautiful Akita pup from daydream Akitas. Not only was Ann extremely helpful in my pick, I sent over 30 emails asking dozens of questions. She then received payment, drove 6 hours to an airport with a non stop flight to Seattle, included a very nice, new crate with dishes toys and a towel from her whelping bin, And included all paperwork, vet clearance and records, pedigree numbers to call to register her and advice on how to find a handeler for showing this gorgeous puppy. She could not have been more helpful, professional or kind. Whoever this troll is that says her deposit was stolen should tell the true story. Many of us know, and you are a sad, sorry person who is bored I guess. Do Not believe this story.

Ann is very professional and dependable! She takes good care of her dogs and is there to educate if need be.

I love Day Dream Akitas. Any breeder can do checks, inquiries, puppy applications but at the end of the day they have no control as to where their pup may end up.

You can take all the precautions you can think of and your pup can still end up in a shelter so if this has happened it was no fault of hers. Ann is not a puppy mill breeder but a respectable and reputable breeder who really cares about her dogs!

Just Pups was sued by N.J.

I am warning everyone STAY AWAY from her she only breeds for MONEY!!

Just to let you know we have grabbed 2 of Day Dream Akitas from the Puppy Mill auction block!! No this lady does not care about her dogs..only money.

She she was an honest person 2 of her "male" dogs would not have ended up at one of the BIGGEST puppy mills. If you need proof of this let me know I will send it to you privately

@PissedConsumer1268805

Why don't you try sending your prof to me! You have never contacted me about any of my dogs being in need of rescuing- writing nasty write ups on a person is about as low as you can get though - congrats to you and all your low life breeder friends!!

I know who a few of them are, wouldn't be fun to have this happen to them! For the record all my dogs are sold under contract to be returned to me if unable to keep for any reason! Fines are imposed if I have to rescue! And I never sold dogs to a puppy mill!!!!

I have a handful of dogs in MO., all in great homes!!!! People like you are very very sad.

#1392023
@PissedConsumer1360098

We just pulled another one for your dogs from the MO Dog Auction last month. Yes..you are aware we are getting your dogs from the dog auction but have NEVER done anything about it!!

I purchased a female from Ann in 2009. I found Ann to be professional, personable and available for questions whenever I had one.

I still keep in contact with her and would never consider buying another pup from anyone but her. Her dogs are gorgeous.

My husband and I get stopped all the time when we are walking our dog. I don't know who the person is complaining about her, but there is obviously more to the story.

@PissedConsumer1244294

Notice all of these negative reviews are by anonymous accounts, promising proof yet failing to provide. Sounds like jealousy to me. I know several dogs that came from Ann and have never had anything but good experiences with dogs from her.

View more comments (6)
Seattle, Washington
Service
Day Dream Akitas Customer Care
Good customer service

Day Dream Akitas Akita Dog Review from Los Angeles, California

Purchased a supposedly dhow quality Akita puppy from Ann and she sent me an aggressive four month old puppy who my vet said doesn't look pure breed at all to him the dog was also aggressive towards my 5 month old daughter something not characteristic of Akitas or the three we've had previously who were very loving and protective of family after contacting Ann about the puppy a few days after recieving her she was rude cussing and insulting me calling me a bad parent and heartless on several text and voicemails this woman and her puppy mill need to be shut down it is sad for her victims and the poor dogs

Bad parents. Akitas should not be kept with small children.

Los Angeles, California
Day Dream Akitas Akita Dog
Bad quality

Daydream Akitas Steals Deposit!

I found Daydream Akitas on the internet. They were selling adorable akita puppies. $2500 was a lot for a dog (plus shipping) but these seemed to be really well bred. I sent Ann Johnson a $300 deposit. Ann put it in the bank then refused to make good on selling me a puppy. I don't know how many times this has happened before or how many deposits she takes on each puppy. She won't take my phone calls or answer my emails. If I had known this could happen, I would never have done business with Ann Johnson of Daydream Akitas. Now I am out $300 and have nothing to show for it.

I purchased 2 Akitas from Ann and her deposits are 500. John chance

I bought my dog, Hannah, a long-coat akita puppy from Day Dream Akitas in 2013. I didn't have any issues with my purchase.

This was my first time buying a dog instead of adopting, but I am so glad that I did. I love her so much. She is a bit of a snob. She won't eat cheap treats, but I don't blame her.

I'm glad she is mine. Thanks!

@PissedConsumer1067681

I also got a long hair male from Ann. He is the 3rd.

Akita I have had. He is by far the most difficult one I have owned.

I still love him to no end. Ann was very good at answering all my calls and emails.

@PissedConsumer1067681

Ann is a very good and reputable breeder period!

I purchased a puppy from Ann Johnson and she was very professional, we are very happy with our Akita :) Koda (fancy)...Thank you Ann!!!

@PissedConsumer1065869

Exactly. I recommend Day Dream Akitas

correction.. she and sounds like an *** with a computer and no common sense..

Nice dogs cost money.. get over it..

I purchased two Akitas form Ann Johnson and he was totally professional.. Do you have proof of your accusations?

John Chance

JohChance1@***.com

I first met Ann Johnson in July 2012 when on holidays in the USA all the way from Australia after visiting her kennels & seeing my "Destiny" I fell in love. Ann was very helpful during the exporting process to Australia which was a nightmare so many hoops to jump through something neither of us had done before. She was very dedicated to helping & being proactive in the process & I would be more than happy to import again from Day Dream Akita's thank you Ann Destiny is lovely we can't thank you enough :)

@PissedConsumer841745

Day Dream Akitas rock

View more comments (27)
Antioch, California
Day Dream Akitas Dog
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article