DavisAirporter Shuttle is unreliable

I had booked a round trip with the Davis Airporter shuttle (https://www.davisairporter.com/index2.html) to the San Francisco airport, from Davis, CA, for the 29th of July, and a return trip from the aiport, to Davis, on the 11th of August. On the 29/July, the shuttle did not come. I called the dispatcher and was informed that my commute was booked for August 29th! The dispatcher then asked me if I wanted to cancel my return trip from the airport, on the 11th . I clearly told her NOT to cancel that. Yesterday, when I arrived at the airport after 39 hours in transit through three connections, I was informed that my commute had been canceled!!!!! They offered me a ride back three hours later, when the shuttle was picking up other passengers. I had no choice but to take their offer. Interestingly, when the driver came pick me up, he also picked up six other passengers that had come together in the same flight. That got me wondering whether they simply bumped us (2 people) for the other six, who arrived three ours latter. This morning I called the manager, Aida, to request a refund for my trip back, which she refused. At no moment during our conversation did DavisAirporter take responsibility for their mistake, calling it a "misunderstanding". I wanted a refund for the stress that the cancelation and the extra wait caused my son and me after 2 days in transit without sleep. This simple gesture would have cost them nothing, and would have kept me as a customer.

ibcyamada, I actually had filed a complaint with the BBB. Unfortunately, their response was typical: shift the blame all on me, believe the employee who cancelled the reservation at the expense of customer, and absolutely no attempt to reach any kind of a deal that would satisfy me. Their customer services is undeniably one of the worst I have encountered.

Hi there,

You are not alone. Logon to DavisWiki and go to Davis Airporter complaints, there you’ll find a litany of complaints posted since 2005. Many complaints posted against this manager Aida Barba seem to be the root cause of the problem throughout the history of this company. Don’t expect your problem to be solved by talking to her as she is rude, confrontational and offensive at best, and is not fit to work in a customer service business IMHO.

My ride from SFO to Davis just recently made a sudden 180 at the Fourth St. exit on 101 northbound en route to Davis and went back to the airport to pick up one more passenger. This caused me and another passenger wasting one hour just for the company to ring up extra $85 at the inconvenience of the passengers already 25 minutes into the destination.

Airport shuttle companies are regulated under the California Public Utilities Commission. They have a consumer complaint form ready at their website. Google “file a cpuc complaint”, and you’ll find it there along with the instruction. If repeated complaints were filed and the situation wasn’t rectified, PUC can take an appropriate action that includes suspension and revocation of its operating certificate.

So folks, if you’re frustrated with this company and its manager Aida along with the owner Daniel Mittow who quietly stands in the sideline and allows this sort of business practice to continue, we all need to file our complaint with the PUC and the local Better Business Bureau rather than attempting to resolve with the management which has been long proven useless and ineffective. If you’re in doubt, go back and re-read all those complaints posted since 2005.

ibcyamada

View more comments (1)
ID
Sacramento, California
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article