Total scam, outrageous fees and charges

This guy is a total fraud, out to make money for himself and his company. First off he charges $100-150 "service call" to come out and look at your items and decide if he wants to sell them. Then he asks for $1000 deposit to record and photograph your items for him to sell! Seriously? He thinks we should pay him to make money for selling our items?? This is on top of the 35% commission that he charges for himself, PLUS $22/hour for each person per hour that works on your auction PLUS advertising charges PLUS mileage for his staff to come to your house to sell your things that he is making money off. And the hours add up really quickly at $22/hour. Oh and they will offer to take things to the dump or donate for you, but you can bet you are paying for every little thing they do. Oh and the commission is not a flat percent. If your item sells for over $1000 he tells you the commission DROPS, but really, you are still paying 35% on the first $100, the rate only goes down for the small bit that is over $1000 not the full amount. And if you decide you want to take anything out of the sale, you had to bid on it to buy it back and he charges you the commission on your own stuff! It is outrageous... I wouldn't be surprised if he is secretly bidding against you to push up the price you have to pay. This guy acts like he is doing you a favour and helping you out, while he is making money hand over fist on your things. You may end up not getting anything or very little for your things after he adds on all the expenses. You'd be better off paying a junk dealer to take your stuff away or donating it all. Absolutely outrageous, making money off seniors and recently widowed who are overwhelmed with the estate. Disgraceful.
Loss:
Poor customer service

Trying to be objective

I was very happy with the work that was done in my home to prepare for the on line auction and the personnel from Rapid Sell Guelph were lovely people and worked very hard. My husband passed away and while i attempted to organize his tools etc. I know there was a lot of work involved to get things ready to photograph and sell. I had no problem paying for this. What I would like to suggest is that I do not think the process is explained clearly in terms of cost. I met with David Moore who is a nice person as well and he mentioned $2.50 photo cost per item and advertising and a commission percentage. I of course was nodding my head and not really asking the questions I should have. He had me sign a contract and said he would email me a copy which I never got until after the auction had taken place. I do not believe this was deliberate. In the end the surprise was how much I ended up paying his employees to do this work. As I said earlier, this was justified but if I had been aware of how much it was costing me I would have been more pro active in assisting them and not assuming they were working for a flat fee but at a cost of $20/hour each. Over the course of 2 days this amounted to a lot. In the end I paid roughly 75% of the proceeds to David Moore and Associates. As I said before this was my lack of asking questions and reading the contract more carefully. It was a great disappointment to me and my suggestion would be that in future Mr. Moore go carefully over every aspect of the contract and the cost that will be involved. I understand that this process does cost money and the payoff is getting everything out the door but I could have saved myself money and I wish David had asked me if I would like the opportunity to be more involved in order to save money and indeed what i could do to make the process more economical. I am glad that the auction went so well but it is heartbreaking to me that my husband;s possessions ended up providing me with so little return. So the usual advice applies, ask questions and get help with understanding the contract if it is not explained fully to you. Carol-Anne Noble
explanation of cost

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

map-marker Guelph, Ontario

David Moore And Associates - Auction Company In Guelph Ont Review from Guelph, Ontario

David moore an associates auctions apprails read the fine prnt or get taken auction company in guelph on canada wii squeeze every last cent from you.in june 2016 we took tools power tools all good stuff for this guy to sell .embarrising enough 367.00 in the sale i received a cheque for 5.35 cents. Yes five dollars an thirty five cents.so as it ges 2.50 for online auction dowmload.plus 20.00 per hour to ut on a table an take a pickture.i seen these people work at turtle speed .just to milk every last penny from you .do not get an estate etc sale done with these people.they will bleed you dry
Not as described/ advertised
Guest

Please don't be shy .I would hate to see people get ripped off with this *** Dave Moore auctions.please write you encounter with this *** artist

Unemployment Expert Tips

Experts Tips on Unemployment and Cyber Security

Feb 3, 2020

Can’t verify your identity via ID.me? Andrew Stettner, an unemployment expert, comments on how the ID.me verification process works and the privacy risks involved. Learn how one consumer resolved his issue.

Andrew Stettner
Andrew Stettner

Andrew Stettner is a senior fellow at TheCenturyFoundation and a non-profit leader who shares expert opinion on unemployment benefits and insurance reform.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article