Want a new Honda? Stay away from David Hobbs

My wife had been a David Hobbs Honda customer for years - has leased 6 cars from this dealership. She tried to lease a 7th, but the monthly payment she was quoted was $100+ higher than what other dealerships have quoted her since. They - not so much the salesperson but the Sales Manager (forgot his name) - appeared to try to make her pay for the difference in her current leased vehicle's buyout and what they believe they can sell it for in her new lease payment. When we brought up pricing for the same vehicle at other dealerships, the Sales Manager immediately dismissed it...and, ultimately, invited her to go ahead and talk to those dealerships - which we have. They will all simply return her current vehicle - the least is up at the end of the month - to Honda - and have quoted competitive payments on a 2014 Honda Accord. The kicker in all of this? We waited around the dealership for nearly 2 hours, only to be left with a preposterous price quote - NO one in their right mind would accept this. Hobbs clearly was looking to rip my wife off - and that is beyond unacceptable. Not only did they lose her as a customer, they lost a potential customer - me - and I don't lease vehicles, I purchase them outright. My advice? Shop around - there are many dealerships far more eager to do GOOD business with you than David Hobbs.
ID
Glendale, Wisconsin
Reason of review
Dealer tried to rip off returning customer
Preferred solution
No resolution necessary - just want people to know about Hobbs' poor business practices

David Hobbs Honda bullies woman customer

I took my 96 Honda in for a routine oil change at David Hobbs Honda in Milwaukee. My husband had a lunch date so did not come with me. Rob came out and asked me to come out of the waiting room to a desk. I was told I needed a new battery for 129.00 and new tires. I knew my tires needed to be replaced in the near future but was told I should not drive off the lot as they were throwing rubber. 1179.00 for the best and the next 849.00. I left. After phoning at least 4 other dealers including Genteel, we were quoted at least 300.00 less for "the best" We went with Goodyear for 575 but when we took the car in to get the tires my wheel lock key was not in my glove compartment. Went back to Hobbs and the manager mysteriously found a wheel lock that fit my car. He offered me new tires at a nice discount but we went with Goodyear in Racine. My battery was in perfect working order and my tires were worn but did not need immediate service. The Goodyear guys were so nice. Very low key, and explained tire differences. We have purchased 3 Honda's from Hobbs but this is the end of our relationship.

Good thing you didn't take them up on the promised discount. Twice we had Hobbs do stuff for us at a promised discount and twice the bill came back higher than promised.

Neither time did Hobbs agree to charge us the agreed-upon price--we got a lesser discount instead. The only reason we still do business with them is that our Honda is under warranty and the next closest dealership, Russ Darrow, also ripped us off in the past.

ID
Racine, Wisconsin

About

David Hobbs Privacy Policy
Once The Userve saved some vehicles, The User of company services can view them here at any time. Use of this web site signifies The Client's acknowledgement and consent to this privacy policy. Please read this privacy policy carefully before using this web site. Company's dealership takes The Client's privacy seriously and is committed to safeguarding The User's privacy online. Because David Hobbs gather certain types of personal information from visitors to this web site (e.g. This Privacy Policy discloses the types of personal information www.davidhobbs.com gather, how it is used, and how The User of Website can gain access to and edit any data that website has collected about The Client of David Hobbs at any time. Company's dealership collects personal information online primarily to provide David Hobbs's' visitors with a more relevant experience on this web site. When doing so, David Hobbs will make every reasonable effort to avoid excessive or irrelevant collection of data.
To read more: https://www.davidhobbs.com/privacy-policy/
Summary

David Hobbs is a chief of Honda dealership situated in Glendale, WI. David Hobbs Honda works with every client individually delivering fast and qualitative services from first to last step of the process and making their experience of buying, owning or trading maximally easy and enjoyable. The company’s main principals that it has kept for years are generosity, honesty, empathy and environmental awareness. To save customers’ time and money it has designed an exclusive rewards program that rewards people for their decision to buy a new car from David Hobbs Honda. Experienced and committed sales staff always offers the best options, discussing with clients their individual situation and looking for solutions together.

David Hobbs reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article