Dauson Property Management is the worst

Norman Failing is THE worst landlord. He is the most uncaring, cold-hearted, deceitful person. He never returns calls or repairs anything. He comes in to the apartment without permission. Had I known any of this I would never have signed a lease agreement. I appreciate sites like this one that people can voice their concerns and review companies/people in hopes that it will make a difference for other people. There are lots of good property management companies that have great people-Please do not rent from this company-you will regret it.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Dauson Property Management - Property Management Review from Boise, Idaho

DO NOT USE DAUSON PROPERTY MANAGEMENT. They are absolutely worst. Norman Failing is the most unprofessional person I have ever met. I wish I would have know before renting from him, he is a nightmare.

Can you please make an email that I can contact you about him? Bad experience here too.

He did not fix my kitchen..mold...and many other issues I approached him on.

I actually have gotten asthma because of the mold and health issues that arrised because of it. He needs to be responsible.

Boise, Idaho
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Dauson Property Management - Review in Real Estate category from San Pablo, California

Norman Failing at Dauson Property management. He is worse than the devil himself. He will stalk you, watch your children play like a creeper,walk into your home while your asleep, (I got ahold of last three tenants and he did all this to them to only he stole from themmakes me wonder) iy * and he will let you go and your children go without air heat ect and you'll be stuck in your lease! He is a complete nightmare! I was the best tenant never late on rent...quiet ....no pets ect.... Guess what I had to leave It was so bad and now wished I had read these reviews prior because now he's telling potential landlords deceitful lies. He is one evil man BEWARE
San Pablo, California

Dauson Property Management - Property Manager Review from Tulsa, Oklahoma

Norman Failing is the worst property manager, he never fixed anything and never answered my calls. He went in my apartment when I wasn't there and stole my signed lease contract and now he claims I have another year to finish my lease with him. He started harrasing me when he asked me out to lunch and I declined. I don't know what to do because I don't have proof.

Please get ahold of me, email me at padremadre12@***.com I can help you with this matter as I am getting ready to take legal action against him, please report him to BBB, fair housing, and contact me so I can help you with more resources! This man is awful and he needs to be stopped

Tulsa, Oklahoma

DO NOT RENT FROM DAUSON PROPERTY MANAGEMENT!

Run far, far away! Worst landlord I have ever experienced! Norman Failing never fixed anything when it was broke, served 3 days notices the day rent was due, never signed the notices, entered the property without notices, he stole property from a roommate out of our house, was an all around super shady guy! He bullied us and took advantage of us. He was a complete nightmare to deal with! Please so your research! He has so many negative reviews and is constantly going to court. This is not a landlord you want to deal with. He takes days , sometimes weeks to return calls.
Walnut Creek, California
Loss

Bull *** manager . Dauson property

Serves 3 day notices. Won't return calls. Doesn't fix anything harasses tenants after informing him of moving. Gives new landlords horrible reports and then raises rent thinking you can't leave. Drops notices as early as 6am so he doesn't have to go face to face. Enters homes with no notices while your not home. Even with notice that rent is late still gives eviction notices. Rent is only sent thru mail so if mail is late raises rent. *** and *** landlord. DO NOT RENT FROM NORMAN FAILING... DAUSON PROPERTY MANAGEMENT . You will not be happy
Erie, Pennsylvania

Never use Dauson Property Management in Boise, Idaho!

Lazy property manager. There is only 1 way to pay rent (through mail by check). He serves you eviction papers without signatures or dates which makes the eviction meaningless; come to find out he did it "just in case" we decided to put in our 30 day notice because then we would have to be out sooner. He refuses to fix things in the apartment that break. We did not choose him as out prop manager. He was hired by the owner of the building 6 months into our lease. We loved living in this apartment but once he showed up, we couldn't wait to get out. He is unnprofessional and talks down to us like we *** written on our heads. He takes on average, 2 days to return your phone call. He does not answer on weekends. NEVER use Dauson Property Management if you are an owner. If you're a renter, stay far away!

having same issues. Have mold.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do about the mold?

Does he as the property manager have to fix it? What are my rights?

#851931

This man is such a horrible person he never fixed our heater in the winter with 5 kids it takes him like 4 days to get back to you

@PissedConsumer851931

If any of you get this please find a way to contact me I will check on here all week. This problem needs to come to an end, I've had enough and am having same problems as all of you! We need to be heard!

@PissedConsumer875063

I'm having the same problems that you have or worse, Norman Failing from Dauson property management is a nightmare. Let me know if I can contact you because I'm thinking about taking him to court.

@PissedConsumer875063

We rented from him back in 2011. Worst landlord ever.

We ended up going to court. He wanted tons of money, until I had pictures of be for and after we moved out. Then he said never mind just pay past rent. We also wet infested with mice, which he did pay for by only took a few days to get done.

We were infested with hobo spiders. Killing anywhere between 5-10 a day. Did nothing about it. That wasook last straw.

He is def a terrible landlord. And Dr took advantage of us too.

Lazy property manager. Never fixes anything in the apartment on a timely manner, claims it is your fault and you will have to pay for it to be fixed.

Charges late fees on the second day of the month, very very unprofessional and talks down to you like you are the smaller of the two.

Never answers his phone when you call. NEVER use Dauson Property Management if you are an owner and never ever rent from them as they will treat you like dirt....

I just suggest reporting to the BBB. I also rented from him and he is trying to say that I owe him money when I don't.

Horrible landlord. Stay away if you can.

so true. he was never helpful and very rude. we had a date to move in and two days before, he calls and said it would be another week... he wouldnt pay for the storage that i had to pay for while i already should have been moved in. he argued about everything and was unwilling to help with any repairs, complaints etc..(that is when you could finally reach him..usually took a week or two) when we gave our 30 day move out notice we didnt hear back for weeks so i had to threaten him with legal action to finally get a very aggressive email (he complained that he had in fact gotten ALL phone calls and emails)

We were probably the best tenants possilbe. Quite, no pets, no smoking... we didnt get even half of our deposit back (over a month after we moved)

I hope nobody rents from him and he loses all his business. he deserves it

View more comments (7)
Boise, Idaho

Real Estate Expert Talks

What Do Property Management Companies Do @ Interview with Property Management Expert

Nov 27, 2020

Colby Hager, a a real estate investor and home remodeling expert, talks about property management companies, what they are, and how to choose the right property management company.

Read full article
Colby Hager
Colby Hager

Colby Hager is an experienced real estate investor with Capstone Homebuyers. He has years of experience in renovating houses, home remodeling, and property management.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article