Verified Buyer
| map-marker Albuquerque, New Mexico

Was scammed

Darn Tough - Was scammed
Darn Tough - Was scammed - Image 2

I was asked to give a survey to receive a free mystery bag just having to pay shipping and it too $2000 from my account!

User's recommendation: Don’t do surveys that offer free stuff

Lydiann Guo

Spoke with Rep for warranty procedure and was verbally guided through process for properly making a claim and now awaiting email with codes

Pros:
  • Great producd
Cons:
  • Could not complete on computer had to use phone and could not pri

User's recommendation: Highly

Paula K Hso

Verified Reviewer

Check availability of a sock

Talked to customer service, Mark helping me resolved my issue and I placed an order. My Darn Tough socks last for years.

User's recommendation: These socks are top quality so buy them and enjoy!

Taber Sxy
map-marker Gosport, Indiana

I want socks that are longer on the calf.

It's ok. Hopefully I'll find what I need when I go searching. I'm too tired to keep on doing this just because an algorithm says I should.

bw

Verified Reviewer

Another consumer product company to avoid, durability of a 1$ pair (stop wasting money on premium BS)

Darn Tough - Another consumer product company to avoid, durability of a 1$ pair (stop...
Darn Tough - Another consumer product company to avoid, durability of a 1$ pair... - Image 2
Darn Tough - Another consumer product company to avoid, durability of a 1$ pair... - Image 3

darn tough vermont socks, minimal durability and warranty does not include refund option. socks typically start going bald (self destruct) after the first or second machine wash.

even if you select delicate and let them air dry.

once the bald spots start, wearing through them is relatively quick and easy. lifespan of less than 3 months not surprising, even with a rather sedentary daily routine (zero sports/activities) and around 200 pounds overall mass.

a new issue that is cropping up seems to be grotesque size variance. using XL sock size with the first batch had few comfort issues. now the warranty XL replacements are one or two sizes smaller even though labeled as XL.

essentially insult to injury... company product fail, possible material reduction to increase quantity of output at a lower cost.

with all socks, results will vary person to person in regards to durability and cost effective longevity. so far i have found the brand to be another waste of time and money.

unfortunately smartwool brand isnt any better. their warranty is shorter, paperwork (print out warranty form), and much longer replacement timeline (month or two).

their durability is minimally better than vermont.

both brands were purchased locally from an authorized dealer. the dealers ratio of showroom displays was amusing. one or two of darn tough brand and at least 4 or 5 of smartwool. possible brand preference?

i have wasted over 100$ on this outhouse wallpaper grade of socks which does not include the COST of sending in warranty pairs which is now around 6 or 7 pairs.

with premium upfront cost plus the cost of sending back durability failures, it is far more cost effective to buy bulk cheap socks and feed your local landfill.

unless your area has a recycling program for clothing which doesnt involve selling to china. especially since they aint buying such materials, anymore.

if i had more energy perhaps this complaint could be upgraded to rant level, worthy of Lewis Black.

the exponential exposure would be worth it. maybe whip this into a screenplay called holey socks, this sux..

Loss:
Pros:
  • Socks
Cons:
  • Cost
  • Durability
  • Warranty return cost
Reason of review:
Bad quality

Preferred solution: Full refund

Rickey W Gqu

Great socks, but

I ordered a pair of steely toe boot socks from Darn Tuff socks. No doubt a great pair of socks, the fit was great and they felt great.

I discovered *** in one of them and contacted the company. They said no problem and got right on it. They said they would send me a mailing label for the return. I never got the mailing label.

Now, if they're not returned within 30 days, then you are charged for the second pair. I get an email from a company named return fly.com, stating I would be charged for the 2nd pair. SoI called the number theyprovided. The person at return fly.com said I would have to contact Darn Tuff, which I did.

That person told me returnfly.com handled all of their returns, and the return mailings label should have came fro returnfly.com in an email. It never came. Do they have so many returns they have to hire someone to handle all of their returns? I noticed the second pair they sent me, one of the socks is unraveling at the top.

I'm sticking with Fox River steel toe boot socks. They're 2 pair for $ 16, They don't have a lifetime guarantee, but in 20 years I have never had a defective pair, or return any for any reason.

Reason of review:
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article