THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!

KIA IS SELLING LEMONS ON PURPOSE>>>> MY 2016 KIA OPTIMA HAS ENGINE FAILURE......... I have had issues with Darcars Kia on Branch Ave in Temple Hills Md. since the day I purchased my car on Nov 10, 2016. They SEVERLY screwed up the paperwork, which still causes me major problems today with the DMV and anywhere else I have to do business concerning my car, constantly explaining the confusing mixed-up paperwork. Unfortunately thats not where my Nightmare with Kia ends. Since May 2017 my engine light has been blinking on and off. I took it in for maintenance, told them about the light, they serviced my car and sent me home.. Now my engine comes on again, I take it in, they service it and send me home. 3wks later my engine light is blinking again, my husband checks my oil and its dry??????? So we put oil in it and 2wks later about Nov 15th or 16th we take it in for service and tell them whats happening. Again they service my car and send me home. Less then a week later my engine light is on again only this time its a steady light and again there is no oil in my car. Well thats impossible because I had just had my oil changed less than a week before so of course on 11/29/2017 I take it back. Two days go by and they tell my husband I need a new engine??????? Well thats insane my car turned 1yr old NOV 12th 2017, thats impossible. So Monday morning I call and speak to TODD. I asked Todd what was wrong with my car that it needed a new engine. He gave me this round about explanation about how he COULDNT say exactly but told me not to worry because KIA was going to replace my engine and pay for everything. I asked Todd was he sure, he said yes. I asked him was it going to be a new or a refurbished engine, He assured me it would be new. I went on to stress to him that I only want a new engine and please do not put a refurbished engine in my car. I asked him when could I expect to hear about my car he told me by Friday, I said ok. So Friday comes and Friday goes, about 3pm on Saturday I call Darcars Kia on Branch Avenue and ask to speak to Todd, they tell me Todd has been on Vacation since Wednesday and NOONE can answer questions about my car but him. I asked had the work started, Had the engine come in, NOBODY could answer my questions. So they told me they would have Todd call me 1st thing Monday morning to give me an update. Monday came Monday went no phone call from anyone at KIA DARCARS ON BRANCH AVE. So of course, Tuesday morning I have to call them and I ask to speak to Todd. Todd gives me a million and 1 reasons why I havent heard anything and that my car should be ready by the next day. Wednesday afternoon I get a call to come get my car. So my husband goes to pick the car up and calls me and says" I thought you said they were putting a new engine in your car", I said "Thats what Todd told me", He said " Well this receipt says you have a re-manufactured engine in your car. So of course Im confused because I know TODD told me I was getting a NEW engine. That brings me to today. Ive been on the phone with everybody, Todd, corporate, and they keep telling me that there policy is to give you a refurbished engine. That would be fine in a 10yr old vehicle but my vehicle just turned 1 on Nov 12th. I was going to refinance my car before all of this. So I called Navy Federal to ask them about my situation. They informed me because my car is so new as long as I have the paper work proving I have a new engine I should be fine , I can still refinance with a little down. I told her that my receipt says Re-manufactured Engine, she said "Oh thats a problem, it needs to reflect new, if not the depreciation on my car is about 10k". So not only did I tell them NOT to put the re-manufactured engine in my car, so the repairs were not approved, and they did it anyway. I am stuck in a nightmare situation and they have pretty much told me there not doing anything about it. So now Im paying 24K for a new car when they sold me a LEMON........ Im going to have to get a lawyer.
ID
Temple Hills, Maryland
Product
2016 Kia Motors Optima Car
Cons
  • Dishonesty
  • Quality of my vehicle
  • Service
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article