This guy ruined my chrome motorcycle wheels

I recently had a chance to use Dan's MC Shop service, and I want to relate my experience. I took two brand new chrome wheels (never mounted and just arrived in the mail) to Dan. I asked him a few days earlier if he could take my tires off my old rims and mount them on my new wheels. He assured me he could do the job. I brought the old wheels and the new wheels in to him early on a Monday afternoon. He told me they would be ready for pickup by 9am the next day. When I went back the next day, I took the newly mounted tires and rims outside to put them in my vehicle and I noticed a big gouge in the chrome on the side of the back rim. The gouge was about as wide as a screwdriver blade and went through the chrome and deeply into the wheel metal. I went in side and asked Dan what happened to my new wheels. He came out and looked at it and said he didn't know how it happened. We went inside and I asked him what he was going to do about it. He said he didn't ruin my wheels and would do nothing. We went back and forth about my wheel. First, he said maybe they were like that when I bought them. I told him...why would I bring a set of wheels in to get mounted if they were defective? Why wouldn't I just return them and get a new set? Then he said maybe I damaged them and was trying to blame him...like I would take a screwdriver to my new chrome wheels! I asked him why he would mount tires on my new rims if they were gouged, and not contact me first...he didn't have an answer for that. I asked him to "Man up and take responsibility." I said I only wanted him to notate my receipt that they were damaged in his care, in case they started to peel chrome in the future...that's all I asked of him. I even called the company I bought the wheels from, and they advised me that the wheels might peel in the future, but to put some epoxy on the gouge to help stop that from happening. Dan did not want to hear anything...he called me an "F...in ***" and told me to get out of his store...To top off everything, he even installed my front wheel backwards (I have ABS wheels) which only mount one way, and the tire has to rotate in the proper direction. I had to take the wheel to another shop and have it dis-mounted, flipped over, remounted, and rebalanced...at my expense! One would think that a seasoned motorcycle mechanic would know in which direction to mount a tire! Not this dude! I have never in my life been treated like that by any business. I entrusted this guy to do a simple job and he ruined my chrome wheels. He refused to take responsibility, nor do anything about it, and instead, he tried to shift blame first to the company that made the wheels, then onto me! . What a *** this guy is! I have photos of my wheels outside his shop as a reminder to never set foot in that place again. This is the first review I have ever written, good or bad. I felt compelled to relate my experience in the hopes that others can be aware of the type of person this guy is. I am contemplating going to small claims court...I wish this could have been settled amicably and to my satisfaction.

Has some tyres mounted by Dan. No problems. Great guy.

ID
Phoenix, Arizona
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article