Custom tiki huts spring hill florida kept money no product

I sent a 7000.00 deposit in jan 2017to order tiki hut to be built at my home . received a phone call from owners husband in feb 2017 stating owner was in hospital and that they could not do the job, he told me he would send back as much of the deposit as possible that some had been spent or stolen! received a check from owners sister for 6000.00 with assurances that the rest would be returned as soon as owner got out of hospital and business resumed. made repeated attempts to contact owner or husband with no results! finally reached owner by pretending to want to go ahead with construction of hut, After 6 months she informed me that materials for original job had to be special ordered and there would be no refund! I do not feel that I am responsible since they were the ones to cancel the project, not me. CONSUMERS BEWARE of this company they will take your money and give you nothing in return!!! 6 months is being very patient to wait on a refund and if a company that has been in business as long as they have cannot afford to refund 1000.00 then there is something very wrong with ownership and business ethics. William Adams 423 605 ****

Hi William,

I guess you did go ahead and post your lies. You canceled the job and you know it.

I had been working with this customer since before our 1st text on 11/21/16. Phone calls, texts, wood order, hotels, leaves, buckets, help, etc. I never asked for a dime for myself for all my time and effort putting this out of state job together. Before i was even released from the hospital, I called to inform William that it would be about a week or so before the remainder of his wood was pressure treated and ready to go.

This is when I was blindsided and told he wanted to cancel the job with no explanation given. The wood company refused to return the $1000 deposit due to special wood cuts. I promptly returned the remaining $6000. Total deposit was $7000.

I have been in business for 15 years and NOT one derogatory statement has ever been printed about Custom Tiki Huts - I think this speaks for itself. You try to make everyone happy, sometimes it just isn't

going to happen.

Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article