Not a Shop you want to do business with

I own a vehicle that had work done by this garage. It had a secondhand engine installed less than 3,000 miles ago. The first week of April of this year the transmission began leaking very badly so I took it to another garage and they found that the torque converter and several of the seals were bad requiring the transmission to be taken out. What the garage found was a pilot bushing for a manual transmission in my vehicle which had an automatic transmission and has had one since it was built. Later I found out that the vehicle the donor engine came from also had an automatic tranny after I and the place that sold the replacement engine did two separate VIN # checks on the motor that went in to my vehicle. Both said that the vehicle had a 4 speed automatic. Yet somehow a part for a manual tranny ended up in my vehicle. With nearly $1400 in repairs I called Custom Automotive and spoke to Kevin Cranny, the owner to see what he might have to offer, I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. What I got was "You call me first thing on a Monday morning before I had my coffee with this? I informed him what was found and he said "How was I supposed to know the bushing was there?" and then "You call me looking for a confrontation, I look for solutions." I said I was willing to listen to his solution. Kevin then told me that "You're getting it fixed, that's the solution." When I informed him that it was his negligence that caused the damage (I actually have the bushing that did the damage) he got angry and began swearing and hung up on me. Apparently this is what passes for mechanic work at his shop and even after he admitted doing the work, he won't even offer anything when his shop causes that type of damage. It was a mistake that should have easily been caught but instead when confronted, Kevin chose to be childish. When told of the VIN# checks Kevin was upset and told me that what did I expect, my vehicle was used. What I expect is when an honest mistake is made that someone owns up to it. Avoid this garage.
ID
Glenfield, New York
Reason of review
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article