Long Time to finish service, cost of services nearly as much as the car

An older model Volkswagen Passat was taken in for a serpentine belt replacement and routine maintenance, and the car was in the shop for 10 business days, The dealdership did not provide car rental assistance. The price tag balooned to over $4000, claiming a new engine was needed. This seemed like a bit much for a routine serpentine belt replacement. Additionally, the staff was rude and expected full payment up front, which is a lot ot ask when the bill runs that high and it was not anticipated. When I quoted similar services at other dealerships, which I know always charges a bit more for premium service, the cost of all repairs were well under $2000, including labor.
ID
Bronxville, New York
Loss

Curran Volkswagen, Stratford, CT

They gave an estimate of $250 for service. When we picked it up the est ballooned to $900.00. They insist they gave me an estimate of $1500 if they really did, we wouldve declined the service; thats too high to repair a convertible top. When I argued the price being 3X higher than quote they told me that I had to pay it in full or have them take the old part out and I would still be resp for $600 of labor. They told me they put a lien on the car and locked it up. The service mgr was useless & had me talk to the owner who's the worst business owner. I have a car that is fixed, but it was a repair I was forced into. I had to pay (in cash) under duress. I never expected to walk out of there with a fixed car and not pay, I am a reasonable person. But they would t negotiate and took advantage of me. The unreasonable owner said if I bought the car there or had it serviced there before he would be more helpful. First thought it was a mistake on the guy who gave me the estimate, which in the end he admitted to me. But after being treated so poorly by the owner I felt taken advantage of. Beware of this service and sales department. They are lead by a terrible business man. I did call Volkswagen of America and they were incredible & they are looking into the matter.

I had the same issue with them. Incredible.

BBB has contacted them, and they refuse to address the issue. VW of American contacted them and they refuse to address the issue.

I am not surprised. They are an unproffesional and uncaring, dealership.

View more comments (1)
ID
Woodbridge, Connecticut

About

Curran Volkswagen Warranty
See owner's literature or dealer for warranty exclusions and limitations. Claim based on manufacturers' published data on length and transferability of car and SUV Bumper-to-bumper/Basic warranty only. Not based on other separate warranties. See owner's literature or dealer for warranty exclusions and limitations. Fun to drive. Easy to cover. Every Volkswagen is designed with quality in mind. So Company's 6 years/72,000 miles (whichever occurs first) New Vehicle Limited Warranty isn't just extensive, it's proof of Curran Volkswagen's' confidence. See dealer or owner's literature for warranty exclusions and limitations. Not just desirable, transferable. The remainder of the vehicle's warranty coverage transfers to the new owner at no cost to The Client Remainder of warranty coverage transfers to subsequent vehicle owner.
To read more: https://www.curranvw.net/warranty
Curran Volkswagen Privacy Policy
In connection with The User's transaction, Curran Volkswagen may acquire information about The Client of Curran Volkswagen as described in this notice, which Website handle as stated in this notice. The Company may collect personally identifiable information such as name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, social security number, date of birth, etc This personal information is collected and used by Curran Volkswagen staff for the purpose of facilitating a relationship or business transaction. Curran Volkswagen's' website resides behind a firewall and uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer, the industry-standard security protocol used to communicate with browsers) to transmit personal information. Data is strongly encrypted during transmission to ensure that personal and payment information is secure. Industry-standard data encryption techniques are used to protect personal information on Company's servers.
To read more: https://www.curranvw.net/terms
Summary

Curran Volkswagen is a car dealer, located in Stratford, CT. This organization offers new and pre-owned vehicles. In addition to this, Curran Volkswagen offers a range of services, relating to basic car maintenance, repairs, parts delivery and so on and so forth. Those customers who can not afford buying a car by various reasons, can go to Curran Volkswagen financial department and ask them for consultation. If to follow the company's website, so people may notice that there are regular sales and discounts. To find the company's location, there is an electronic map with directions.

Curran Volkswagen reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article