Verified Reviewer
Junior Reviewer

Limo Service Picks Up Credit Card, Not Passenger

Did I completely misunderstand what a "Limo Service" means? I thought that meant a high end, customer oriented service to take a passenger to an agreed destination. I thought it meant the limo driver finds and greets his passenger(s) and makes sure they are picked up in a timely, friendly manner. I was in a hotel in a suburb in Connecticut with few options for getting to the airport. The hotel recommended CT Limo. When I called to make a reservation, almost all of the discussion was around paying for the ride. I was given a pick up time. I went to the lobby at the correct time and waited there, looking around for signs of a driver or a limo car outside. I also figured that the driver would be scouting for his passenger as is customary. When I reserved, I was not told what type of vehicle, where to wait, etc., which heightened my assumption that if I stood around the driver would make sure to find me in the hotel lobby, greet me courteously and take my luggage. I presumed that if the driver had any trouble locating me he would inquire at the hotel desk and/or call my cell phone. The hotel staff said the driver "usually comes inside the lobby" but that on this occasion they "had not seen him," and clearly the driver did not inquire at the hotel desk. Seven minutes after the scheduled time, now standing outside looking around, I phoned CT Limo to ask when the driver would arrive. To my astonishment I was told in a very off-handed way that the driver had "already passed through." That's when I understood: I was dealing with a company that wants your bucks and then it is totally up to you to be at the right spot (whatever that is---there is no marked place) and if you find CT Limo, congratulations. If you don't find them, they could care less because they don't refund your $45.00. It is not a private ride so the driver is making rounds anyway. It could be that the driver "passed through" and we missed each other or it could be that the driver didn't make it to my hotel. So, it's like a metro bus, except it should cost $4.50 or less, not FORTY FIVE DOLLARS. I asked whether the driver could come back, "No." I asked if another ride could be arranged (offering to pay more money for the special service), "No." I asked for a refund because I would have to make other arrangements (and fast to catch my flight), "No." I asked if I could have a receipt emailed to me, "No." Wait---there was a "yes," which is they could snail mail a receipt to me. It might be in the mail.... My advice to travelers considering whether to book a CT Limo: "No, no, no!" Lee Hamilton

YOU GOT NOTHING TO DO MY FRIEND

Update. :p :p

CT Limo has a good online customer service procedure and was responsive to my complaint. I was able to quickly get my credit card account credited for the full amount. I was happy to assure them I would share this positive outcome. I do not believe the original complaint can be removed, but suffice it is to say that this business does indeed value its customers.

I will emphasize that I did not have to go through an ordeal; I outlined my experience in detail and the representative was willing to be fair. Kudos to CT Limo.

View more comments (1)
ID
Dallas, Texas
Loss

About

CT Limo Privacy Policy
At Connecticut Limousine, CT Limo are committed to protecting The Customer's privacy. CT Limo use the information The Customer provide to secure The User's Connecticut Limo reservation. At some point in the future, Website may use the information CT Limo collect to occasionally notify The User of Website about important functionality changes to the web site, new Connecticut Limo services, and special offers ctlimo.com think The User of company servicesll find valuable. If ctlimo.com do so, The Customerll be provided an opportunity to decline these offerings. Connecticut Limo does not sell, trade, or rent The Client's personal information to others. Connecticut Limo may provide aggregate statistics about CT Limo's' customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information. Connecticut Limo may release account information when The Company believe, in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to (I) comply with law, (II) enforce or apply the terms of any of Company's user agreements or (III) protect the rights, property or safety of ctlimo.com, CT Limo's' users, or others.
To read more: https://ctlimo.com/privacy-policy
CT Limo FAQ
All sales are final. Connecticut Limousine's eTickets are non-refundable once purchased. Failure to do so will result in a forfeit of a credit in Company's system. All changes are subject to availability. Connecticut Limousine, LLC is not responsible for any consequential damages that the customer may sustain as a result of Connecticut Limousine, LLC's failure to perform any of the transportation services promised. If Connecticut Limousine, LLC fails to adequately perform the services promised, the customer's damages are limited to the unused value of the ticket that the customer purchased from Connecticut Limousine, LLC. It is the purchaser's responsibility to verify the availability of these services. Connecticut Limousine, LLC reserves the right to modify CT Limo's' schedule at any time. Every effort is made to remain on schedule.
To read more: https://ctlimo.com/faqs-rider-policies
Summary

Connecticut Limo arranges corporate and private transportation within the territory of the United States, namely new Heaven, Hartford and even further. The company offers busses and luxury vehicles like limousines for the organization of personal and business occasions, celebrations and other event serving. Connecticut Limo executes transfers to the airport by private cars or common buses and promotes its services to be economical and customer-oriented. The reservations can be done from Monday to Friday and offer 5% discount for the online ordering. The upper mentioned company has more than 50 years of experience at acting on the transportation market and has served a great number of birthdays, graduations, anniversaries, concerts, sporting events, casino events, bachelor and bachelorette parties, etc.

CT Limo reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article