Crown Prince sardines are full of giant scales

I purchased sardines in the new bag style containers of Crown Prince sardines. I guess the new containers keep you from noticing how poor their product is. When they are packaged in a can you can see the size and quality of the fish. ESPECIALLY if they are chock full of giant scales! Discusting. After picking out a bunch of scales the size of fingernails off the roof of my mouth I puked my guts out. I picked through the rest of the bag and it was nothing but scales in hot sause. YUMMY! Thanks for the barf fest Crown Prince.

I purchased 2 pouches of these at Wal-Mart about 2 weeks ago. I expected them to contain sardines.

You know - like the photo on the pouch. The first pouch I opened had a couple of chunks of sardine in it but the rest of the contents was a ground up mess. The 2nd bag I opened was ALL ground up mess.

There was nothing identifiable in it as a sardine except the smell. I'll never buy Crown Prince sardines again.

I am picking what's left of the scales from between my teeth! OMG!

I am going to be sick. Crown Prince should be ashamed of themselves--in animals in the wild discard the scales on fish!

Same here. Wads of scales, and the fish, themselves, were like mush.

Further, the remaining pouch -- in the pantry for two weeks -- has swelled up like a balloon about to pop. I found it moments ago and tossed it into the outdoor trash.

THIS IS AN AWFUL PRODUCT!!!!!

I can feel these plastic/scales in my throat! Right now!

I bought: CROWN PRINCE SARDINES IN SPRING WATER, and I bought them from WAL-MART in Foley, Alabama. Is it even LEGAL to allow these scales in the food??

I agree! I thought this packaging was a great idea, since I often have trouble opening the cans with rings.

But ... the contents are awful! I first tried the sardines in mustard sauce, and thought maybe I just got a bad batch because, as the reviewer says, they were full of scales; I actually thought they were little pieces of plastic. Next I decided to try the ones in Louisiana hot sauce; same thing.

Just awful! I mean, the bones are okay and I actually like those ... but these scales are inedible and just plain gross. I made the mistake of buying three pouches; my last one is oil packed.

I'm probably going to toss it without even opening, based on my experience with the first two. YUCK!!!

View more comments (4)
ID
Burlington, Vermont

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article