Took my money and left me nothing to show for it

I have been in business for almost fifteen years and have conducted many types of advertising myself. Some fairly successful and others not a t all. While the newspaper ads I was running did bring in a slow but steady amount of work, I decided to hire a professional to really pick up the amount of business coming in. I hired Carene at CRK Advertising in Lake Hopatcong NJ. After discussing what my company does Carene really like one idea that was brought up even though I really wanted to go in a different direction. I know what my business trends are and what my clients seem to go for. Any way, I decided to "let the Maestro conduct" and figured Carene saw an angle. After all she was the professional, or so I thought. Carene thought direct mailing was the way to go even though I explained I had done direct mailing before and had terrible results. Carene explained her marketing was unlike anything I've done and this was the way to go. I paid carene a deposit and second payment once the first of two mailings went out. I still had a small balance owed to her and was planning on paying once I saw how the first batch went. I quickly started to get some of the mailings returned to me with a sticker from the post office on it "NSA" no such address. I called Carene and explained this. She was not at all concerned but wanted to know when she would get final payment. The second batch was mailed and more mailing returned "NSA" . I again called Carene to see if the company she was using had outdated software or mailing lists. She of course said no and a certain amount of mailing will be returned. After roughly 3,000 mailings, I had almost 150 returned to me. I received exactly 1 phone call from all these mailing and that one call was to have them removed from the mailing list. I was deeply upset with the amount of money spent and not even one positive phone call to show for it. I let Carene know how upset I was and let her know I thought she completely missed the mark. After all a professional in any industry gets results. She made a bunch of excuses and only wanted to know when i would be sending her final payment. I explained I did not think she should be paid anything further since she already received 3/4 of the total, clearly made a nice profit while I was out over $7,000.00 and had nothing to show for it. I recieved a notice from the Hunterdon County Court explaining Carene at CRK Advertising was planning on sueing me for what she was owed. I planned on counter sueing for incompetence. In the end, I decided not to have a mark against me and my company and decided to pay CRK the balance. Carene and I had a written agreement to work up a print ad for my company once she received final payment. Ten months after receiving payment, I have never heard from Carene. In my opinion, Carene chose one of the most expensive, and profitable, forms of advertising possible. She was clearly only concerned about her money and not the customer. She was hired to bring in more business which will in turn bring in additional money. She was successful in bringing in more money for herself. Although Carene does posses a talent in her design work, she does not know how to successfully advertise for her clients.
ID
Cherry Hill, New Jersey

About

Summary

CRK Advertising is a full-service advertising agency specializing in print and electronic communications. It is a marketing company that for more than 15 years has been partnering with other companies across all industries, markets and sizes, producing different marketing materials to satisfy their needs. CRK Advertising has been developing and implementing customized print and electronic marketing campaigns, programs and materials. CRK Advertising is based in northern New Jersey, to be more exact in Lake Hopatcong. The company offers such services as Advertisement, Brochures, Copywriting, Corporate Identity, Direct Mail, Logo Design, Media Placement, Newsletters, Package Design, Photography, Presentations, Printing, Promotional, Signage, technical drawing and Illustrations, Trade Show Both Graphic, Website Design and eCommerce.

CRK Advertising reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article