Credit Resolution Advisors Reviews

Show reviews that mention
credit cra debt balance card plano phone experience friend credit card
Filter review

Credit Resolution Services will RIP YOU OFF!

I have had the most HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE with Chris Placek with Credit Resolution Services. He will initially act very interested in helping to resolve your issues but once he received my full payment of $950 he became harder and harder to reach. He did not clear up any of my credit issue and he lies about the work he is doing. His excuses for not getting back to you range from: understaffed, on vacation, the lighting struck his phone and he lost all contacts, ANOTHER vacation, etc. Avoid this company at all cost. Chris will rip you off. AVOID THIS COMPANY
Miami, Florida
Service
Credit Resolution Advisors Customer Care
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Mrs.

I consulted with this company and went into the arrangement not knowing this was a scam. I had a stroke which caused me to get in this predicament in the first place. Now they have ripped me off and I could have used the money to pay on the debts. they kept telling me it takes 6-9 months to start seeing results. Well nothing at all in six months. Did the same but worse to a 75 year old friend of mine. So age doesn't matter to them. They can still eat well and sleep well on our dime. Shame on them. They will pay somehow. Filing complaints with BBB and FTC.

We received a "Debit Mediation Notice" from Credit Resolution Advisors, LLC notifying us of an unpaid debt that had accrued interest over the years and the balance was between $20,000 to $30,000. A year prior we also got a similar notice from "Portfolio Recoveries LLC.

It turns out that these people were trying to collect a $2,000 debt that a judge had deemed null almost 30 years ago when we filed bankruptcy after my husband was honorably discharged from Navy and was unable to find a job for months. It was a very difficult period in our lives having two children and all, but we kept the court documents as a reminder to be thrifty.

We told them to stop harassing us.

This company, parent company Landmark Management, changes their marketing name annually or 'by state' in order to re-market to consumers with a different name (American Debt Mediators, Credit Resolution Advisors, Credit Answers, Jensen Legal Group, Worden Law Firm etc. are all the same company) because they have burned their bridges so many times with consumers.

There is NOTHING this company can do for you that you can't do yourself with a little time. This (these) company requests that you to stop paying your bills, which opens you up to late fees, higher interest rates, and then litigation by creditors after a certain period of time, and will NOT represent you once you get sued. Contrary to what they tell you, they ARE NOT a law firm. There is no attorney looking out for you.

50-60% of their clients get sued by companies like Discover, Capital One, etc. It's a no-brainer that you can settle on your own with your creditors for 50-60 cents on the dollar after a certain period of delinquency, just like these people purport they can do.

You don't need to pay these people a 12% fee, plus 49.95 a month for 'maintenance costs'. They mislead consumers, especially the elderly and non-English speaking clients, that there will be no credit effects, no tax implications, even misleading foreign and elderly consumers to think that they are doing a consolidation.

Then by the time consumers are fully informed during a "Welcome Call" what the real 'program' is, it's past the 10 day cancellation window and they keep your first payment.

Do yourself a favor and work your situation out with your creditors. These people are rip-off artists preying upon the fears of consumers.

View more comments (1)
Germantown, Maryland
Loss

Credit Resolution Advisors

A friend of mine who knew that I had enrolled in a debt settlement plan recently asked me about my experience. I told him about CRV in Plano, Tx and what to expect. He later called me and told me that he was leary due to all of the things he read online. After reading these comments myself, I thought I should post a comment too. I enrolled about 3 years ago after years of struggling with debt and getting nowhere because of the interest charges. I was actually able to finish my program a few months early because I paid a little extra once in a while. All of my accounts were settled just as they said they would be and I saved over $10,000. I am disappointed in the people who feel the need to post nasty comments about something that either they personally don't understand or need. If you get a piece of mail you dont need, throw it away! Some people who could definitely benefit from programs like this will not get the help they need because all they read is negative and no positive. Getting out of debt is not magic and it does take a little time and patience but was it worth saving $10,000 over 3 years to me? YES! Was my credit affected, Yes, but once I had the debt settled, I actually saw my credit score go higher than it was before I started because once I got rid of the high montly credit card payments and all of the balances, I actually could manage my expenses and my DTI was no longer out of balance. I hope other people with positive outcomes will also post.

So obviously CRA's management trying to cover up the many blogs

View more comments (1)
Chantilly, Virginia

Continued harrassment

I continue to receive pink notices for activation of a "renegotiated credit card balance activation reminder" from CRA, Plano Texas, which I have never solicited. I also continue to get cell phone calls daily from all over the country from the same company for the same reason. I have repeatedly told them I am not interested and asked them to remove my name from their lists, and now they just hang up on me. They continue to call and send notices. I have tried to block the numbers from my cell phone and they then call from different numbers from all over the country.

"Kikm" sounds like someone who works for one of these shady "debt relief companies."

Stay away from every one of them.

I am sorry, but these people annoy you, and Kim from Texas, I don't believe you and think you might be a plant from the company.

View more comments (2)
Claremont, New Hampshire

Creditresolution advisors LLC (CRA) Harasses and scares potential customers into submission

This company mailed me a letter soliciting my business. They claim they can help me renegotiate my debt of $30,000 to $35,000 which does not exist. They sent me the letter on pink paper in a window envelope as if suggesting that they were sending an overdue bill notice. I have called this company twice and asked them to stop soliciting me. They say they will and then continue to do it. This type of business rarely helps anyone and anything they can do for you, you can do better. What they usually succeed in doing is lowering a person's credit rating. This is the kind of company that lawyers who can't find a job like to get involved with.

I worked for CRA for a short time. There are pros and cons about them. The mail outs they use I believe needs a lot of work. They are a good service for the rite people. I'll explain what I mean. If you are current on all your bills credit cards etc and value your credit rating then NO you DO NOT want to use them. However if your credit has already been hit because you fell behind from something like a job loss, were on disability or some kind of life event then you should look into it.

The basics of the program are you set up a bank/savings account and make monthly payments of a set dollar amount in to it and stop paying on your credit cards or any other non-collateral credit accounts enrolled in the program they have limited access of viewing amounts in that account and negotiate a one time payoff with your creditors. Once a creditor agrees to a pay off you are contacted and if you agree to the amount you authorized the payment from the account.

CRA is paid its fees out of the first few to several payments depending on length of the program etc. An example if you agree to payments of lets say 500.00mo then CRA will take 400.00 of that payment for 2-3 payments until there fee is paid. The fees they collect and how each payment is split is laid out in writing before you sign the paperwork there is no min contract and you can pause payments if needed but just know they are getting there money in a very short time so make sure you can go through with it or I would adv not to do it.

FYI Guys, Kim from Texas is a Plant from the company. Everyone of these complaints on here, she puts the same response of this company being helpful and positive.

Be aware of this company. DO NOT CALL THEM BACK.

Let it go to voicemail and if they send you letters in the mail, file a complaint with the post office, and draw up an official letter to have them stop. If they continue, they are violating the Federal harrassment laws.

I got one of those pink letters in the mail, as well. I find this company to be deceptive and annoying.

To Kim...my pink letter states that I may qualify for one of their programs with a payment of "$366.67".....it doesn't say for a MONTHLY payment of that amount. It reads as if they are asking for a single payment in that amount to be in their program.....another reason why I would not trust this company.

Also, if you take time to actually read the letter, it does NOT say you owe them anything, it explains what your payment will approximately be if you did the settlement. Please read before you react.

@PissedConsumer550249

im new to this debt setlement program.i already sign up please

help me to deciede if i am right decision to continue this program. :roll

I got a letter from them, wasn't sure what it was from the envelope. I tend to open all mail just because I have several businesses and get lots of mail.

It said I have $24,000 in debt that they can settle for me for about $17,000. They asked for a payment of $480.

I phoned the fellow up and got him on the phone. The fact is, is that I have excellent credit and have very little unsecured credit.

Offering to save me $6520, and ruining my credit in the meantime while I pay them to do it? That's not a service that helps anyone. It only harms them.

I'd end up paying more than that $6520 in higher interest rates and wouldn't be able to borrow short term like I do now.

The fact that these guys are targeting people with excellent credit is what is really odd.

Ruining your credit to save a few thousand, even if they'll be able to do that, which is questionable, isn't worth the price.

Just for fun I checked the cards that I have in my name. Three have a $0 balance and one has a $5,500 balance.

The guys was an ***. Tried to convince me that I'd be better off paying him money rather than my meager debt. Laughable.

Hahaha! They got you to open the letter!

I think it's pretty clever actually. Annoying...but clever!

I also received several notices from this business to renegotiate my debt of $19,000, which I too do not have. First one was on white paper.

Second one was on pink paper, like a late notice. The third came in a perforated envelope with “Final Notice Enclosed” in big bold letters and a warning stating: $2000 fine, 5 years imprisonment, or both for any person interfering or obstruction with delivery of this letter, title 18 U.S. Code sec. 1702.

Really?? How do these companies get away with this?

View more comments (7)
Tampa, Florida

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article