To be avoided at all costs

My windows were replaced 8 years ago. Wasn't very happy at the time as the windows were OK-ish but not great. But there were cheap so you get what you pay for with this lot. I have had caused to remove internal fascia's when decorating to find that there is no insulation which explains why I continue to have condensation issues. My main complaint comes now that I have problem with one of the windows. After 4 weeks of being told that parts are on order I have now been told that I am not covered by my warranty. Utter rubbish. Don't touch these people .

I own a double glazing company and just read your review. As much as it pains me to say it about a competitor, it sounds to me like they have done nothing wrong.

Window manufacturers only provide 1 year warranties on parts and your condensation has nothing to do with the windows that they have fitted.

The usual cause of condensation is a lack of ventillation within room spaces. This is something that even high insulating glass will not eliminate.

Hope this helps.

Alan Armstrong (AAA Glazing)

Edinburgh, Edinburgh, City Of
Reason of review
Poor customer service

CRAFTSMAN CLADDING - Review in Home Construction and Repair category from Huyton Quarry, England

Great company ! Best fitters by far

RUBBISH. BUNCH OF COWBOYS.

OFFERED 20 YEARS WARRANTY ON ROOF COVERING. ROOK LEAKING BAD WORKMANSHIP. CRAFTSMAN CLADDING DID A RUNNER. NO RESPONSE.

NOTHING, HIDING. EVADING RUNNING EVERYTHING BUT DO THE RIGHT THING. CONTACTED ROOF COVER SUPPLIER. THEY COULD NOT HELP AS WARRANTY HELD BY INSTALLER.

CRAFTSMEN CLADDING. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL TIMES.

Huyton Quarry, England
Reason of review
Good quality

Craftsman Cladding Mauchline Scotland

CRAFTSMAN CLADDING AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS If you want cowboys , you have come to the right company. I had the great misfortune to employ this company to replace my old wooden facia with new upvc cladding in April 2009. Despite it coming with a 10 year warranty, I am still fighting them to repair their faulty work, over 12 months later. Take my advice and AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS. When I first made an enquiry to have the work done, they were bending over backwards, constantly phoning me to see if I wanted to go ahead with the job. On the day of signing up, the salesman even drove 45 miles from Edinburgh to ensure they got the contract. (Desperate or what!!) I chose to go with a coloured fascia instead of the usual white. The sample the salesman showed me was nothing like the final product and if you look up at my facia from ground level you can see it has simply been sprayed with paint rather than coming out of the factory already coated. There is white all around the underside of it and pretty unsightly when noticed. I have since found out they get a local [bodyshop I ws advised] company to simply spray it the colour of your choice. The installation went ahead smoothly and the actual fitters were very nice and extremely helpful. On completion of the job, the balance of the payment HAD to be paid immediately, which I gave to the fitters. However, when I first saw this facia, I wish I had just cancelled the whole job and forfeited my deposit. Over the next few weeks, once my cheque had been cashed, I noticed several faults with the installation which I reported to their "Customer Service". I use this term very loosely as it does not exist at all and I feel they could do with going on courses to learn how to actually deal with their customers. Over the past 12 months they have been out to sort at least six faults. THIS IS WHERE MY GRIPE WITH THE COMPANY LIES. I had and still have to escalate all my faults to their director David Stewart, who apparently has to sanction all remedial work. He is the most arrogant person I have ever had to deal with in any company. Instead of taking responsibility and rectifying my faults, he continuously tells blatant lies that he will phone back when he never does. That is only when I actually manage to speak with him. This is cascaded down to the rest of the staff and when I phone to register a fault found, I am told he is either in a meeting or mysteriously "out". Don't waste your time waiting for a return call as it will never come. I have kept a detailed record of all the times I have had to contact them over the past 12 months to report these faults and it does not make for good reading. It is only when I contact them again and again that they actually say they have someone pencilled in to visit "tomorrow" to fix the fault. Of course, if I hadn't phoned them all these times I would be still waiting. Each complaint has taken approximately 6 - 8 weeks to fix once reported to them. I have little confidence in this company and would advise other prospective buyers to stay well away. There are plenty other more trustworthy companies out there to give your hard earned money to and if I could turn back the clock and go elsewhere, I would. Giving Craftsman Cladding my business is the biggest mistake I have ever made in my entire life.

Please note that this is a historic complaint, written by Mr Clements in April 2010 and not 11/3/12 as stated.

All points were resolved with Mr Clements at the time and no further remedial action has been requested.

As a company specialising in Pvc Roofline and Firestone EPDM Flat Roofing, we have been installing our systems throughout Scotland for over 15 years and have over 10,000 satisfied customers.

We have never employed commission driven "salesmen" as stated by Mr Clements.

Our surveyors provide inspections and advice to customers, without the high pressure tactics that several of our competitors feel necessary.

The surveyor who attended Mr Clements`s home was returning to Ayrshire from a call in Edinburgh and felt that it was not too far out his way to drop in and tie up the necessary paperwork. "Desperate or what" - No, common sense!

We pride ourselves in the quality of our installations and the products we supply. The coloured fascia boards installed on this project were coated in a specific RAL code colour requested by Mr Clements and were inspected before installation. The coating was carried out by our usual suppliers who have been providing coloured boards to the industry for over 10 years without any issues.

Mr Clements raised a complaint (once the boards had been installed) regarding a graining to the coated finish at a particular area. We returned to inspect the installation and disagreed with Mr Clements over the final finish to the boards. Mr Clements refused to accept our opinion and repeatedly called our office to complain. In order to avoid any negative press or bad feeling, we agreed to return and replace the boards that were causing concern to Mr Clements. We compared the boards that were removed with the replacements that were installed and could not find any difference.

This un-necessary additional work was carried out at no cost to Mr Clements.

Our admin department log and process every remedial request when required and we have returned on two further occasions to inspect imaginary faults that Mr Clements has reported. On both occasions, we could not find any faults with our installation and did not carry out remedial action.

We take offence to the language used by Mr Clements in his feedback and the insulting behaviour to our staff during his phone calls. To imply that Craftsman Cladding are "arrogant liars" and "cowboys" is liable and completely untrue.

During our 15 year history, we have gained a reputation for high quality installations with unmatched guarantee`s and have grown to become the largest roofline company in Scotland.

Mr Clements aside, you will struggle to find a negative comment on review sites regarding our company and customer recommendations continue to arrive at our offices on a daily basis. With one negative feedback from over 10,000 installations, we must be doing something right!

We have never employed commission driven "salesmen" as stated by Mr Clements.

This un-necessary additional work was carried out at no cost to Mr Clements.

View more comments (1)
Dallas, Texas
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article