Cozy Kittens Reviews

Show reviews that mention
kittens experience sue kitten website kitty people vet family husband
Filter review

Wonderful experience

I purchased a rug hugger from Sue over 6 years ago. He is the treasure of our family. He was a greater in our retail store until we retired. People would come just to see Dr. Phil our cat. He retired with us this past January and is now mixing with our other more common felines. We couldn’t be happier
Sacramento, California

Cozy Kittens Pet Service Review

I am from Ontario, Canada. I had the exact experience with this breeder.. No papers, I never got pictures of the mother and father, which I paid extra for, as well...
Acton, Ontario

Persian kitty im pissed off

Hi my name is michaelee renee gilbert. one day i came across a website called cozy kittens sue abusind animal somthing alng that line and i cliked on it read and realized i might be part of this. I adopted my kitten from cozy kittens about 3 years ago and we personaly paid extra money to get our kittens (Shayla May) papers as far as shots and birth ect. and we never got our pappers. do you have any idea why this might have happend with her/ cozy kittens? do you know if our kitten is caught up in this? Can you please help us... we love your help.
Los Angeles, California

Wouldn't take back a Persian with crossbite birth defect

In 2007, I purchased a 6-month old black & white Persian male kitten from Cozy Kittens for $500, which was a reduced price from the original $1,500. I had to pay $300 for shipping the cat from Missouri via Texas to Florida. The poor kitten was over 10 hours in flight, and had soiled his shipping container. I got him home and cleaned him up, and took him to the vet within a few days. My vet told me he had a cross-*** and would need to have his right upper canine tooth pulled, because it was boring *** in his gums on the bottom. Another couple of hundred dollars to the vet. When I took the kitten to the groomer, again, he soiled his carrier. He also began to defecate on the floor outside the litter box. He continues to do so to this day, except now he is beginning to urinate outside the litter box as well. I now have to have a mobile groomer come to the house at $100 a pop for grooming and shaving, and he has not been back to the vet since I got him in 2007. I contacted the Johnsons before having the dental surgery, spoke with the husband and explained the problem with the cross-***. He was on the *** of OK'ing the return of the cat, but then his wife got on the phone and nixed the whole thing. I was pissed! I don't know what kind of "loving environment" these kittens are raised in, but I'm guessing it is just another kitten mill with filthy conditions, too many animals and not enough care. Perhaps the kittens are taken away from their mother too early. This cat is extremely scared and timid, as well, like he was raised alone. I would never buy from this cattery again, and I recommend that you pass this one up, as well. Buy local -- that way, you can see what you are getting before you pay $300 to have a kitten shipped under horrible conditions.

I purchased m BABY 4 years ago from Sue Johnson (aka, Cozy Kittens), & he was everything and more than I had hoped for...he's my life, the coolest, most loving baby ever...am sad that u didn't have a good experience, but is hard for me to believe that Cozy kittens would sell such an emotional mess of an animal.

just my opinion!

#419075

@NcoClub: I never said the cat had been mistreated. I said he wasn't socialized in a loving environment, as advertised.

I'm guessing he spent a lot of time by himself for the first four months of his life. I love my cat, and I wouldn't trade him for the world. My point is that you don't get what is advertised with this cattery. They clean up their kittens for photography, and then apparently don't bother with them afterwards.

My cat was matted up AND soiled when I got him. They don't even do CFA registrations, even upon request.

I'm guessing their cats are not pedigreed. Should be, for the price!

I would like to see a copy of this "health guarantee" and her return/exchange/refund policy.

Cats *** and urinate outside of a litter box for many reasons, not necessarily because they are mistreated. As for the crossbite, why did you not require a vets statement before purchasing that the cat was examined and found healthy? I wouldn't buy a car before I was sure it was in good condition..why would a cat not be treated in the same fashion?

View more comments (3)
ID
#242009 Review #242009 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Orlando, Florida

Health guarantee is nonexistent

My family purchased two kittens from Cozy Kittens. The first one was very healthy - everything that was promised on the website. The second kitten was *anything* but healthy. She was spayed before we got her, and then she had an upper respiratory infection when we got her, so we thought at first that her constant diarrhea was caused from two rounds of antibiotics. When it didn't clear up, we took her to the vet who tested her for everything that he could think of. The diagnosis was giardia, an intestinal parasite that is contracted from drinking filthy water. She was treated for that, but her symptoms came back with a vengeance several months later. After another $500 worth of tests, she was also found to have extremely high levels of coliform bacteria in her digestive tract. Those levels were so high that they could only have come from being exposed to filth regularly. When we contacted Sue Johnson, the owner of Cozy Kittens, she ignored us. We contacted her via email, telephone (a call which was answered by her husband), and by registered letter containing the kitten's vet records. We didn't want a new kitten, we wanted some help with the enormous vet bills that we were paying, especially since she "guaranteed" the kitten's health for the first year! That kitty was sick from day one, and we have done everything to get her in good health. We paid a fortune for a very sick animal and another fortune to a vet to find a cure. Ms. Johnson's health guarantee is worthless, because she won't honor it. We have treated this animal better than many people treat their own children, and she certainly hasn't been exposed to the sort of things that could cause giardia and elevated levels of coliform bacteria since we have had her. Ms. Johnson got what she wanted, though - a sick animal off of her hands and a lot of money for her! Don't buy from this breeder! You could have a very similar experience! Buy from someone who is reputable! And if you read this, Sue, don't you dare threaten me with legal action - this isn't slander, it is the truth!

I purchased a male altered ruh hugger from Sue in 2000. He arrived and we were extremely pleased.

But I never received his papers. I didn't care. He was altered. Of all the wonderful things he was, he didn't like being picked up.

I also didn;t receive the photos I paid for. A few months later, we noticed his vomiting. After over $500.00 of tests we found out he also had Giardia. This cat is inside at all times!

We were astounded. We use bottled water for this cat! I received no responses from Sue. He is now under constatnt medication.

We finally decided he got it as a kitten prior to our purchasing him. We LOVE him! He is part of our family. I took him to our vet for shots one day and mebtioned his wetting on things lately.

The vet suggested we alter him. WHAT? Upon more converstaion and examination we were told he only had one testicle. And the other was problably inside somewhere.

and really needed to be taken so it would not cause more trouble. Another $650 for a cat sold as an altered kitten. He is now symptom free.

Yet, I really feel Sue and her crew are very dishonest to people who truusted her with the promise of a very special animal.

I just wanted to comment on the original post that said giardia was contracted from drinking filthy water. I have 3 cats that I maintain better than most people take care of their children.

Our cats are given fresh water in the morning and in the evening too. The water bowls are changed and washed out with soap twice a day. Yet, one of the cats contracted Giardia from an unknown source. We also maintain the litterbox with the same regimen and clean it twice daily.

It is a fact that an animal can live in a very clean environment and still contract a parasite.

Our vet said that we can track in parasites on our shoes. I am in no way defending a puppy mill or cattery if in fact it is filthy, but I just want to set the record straight that giardia can be contracted in many other ways, and it is incorrect to assume that the kitty was given filthy drinking water.

she is now selling with her daughter under

www.purrypals.com

They cannot sue people for complaining on the internet for God's sake. That's ridiculous. That makes me even more certain to never get a cat from them!

I remember talking to Sue several years back and I was going to purchase a cat from her. Thank GOD I didn't!

After reading all the complaints (there are FAR more on the internet than just the few listed here). I won't go near that cattery EVER!

I looked Sue Johnson's Doll Face Persian Kittens up on the Better Business Bureau's website, and indeed she does have an A+ rating with them. She is also listed as a pet shop, it says she has 15 employees, and in the last 3 years has had 1 complaint that was made in 2010 and it was resolved with BBB assistance.

If this woman is so bad, why aren't more people complaining to the BBB? If I spent $3000 on a cat and I didn't get what I paid for, I would be.

Perhaps a Class Action Lawsuit against Sue and her cattery for those that have had issues with her and her business.

i am not one of the breeders attacking her yet I just got served with a seven million dollar lawsuit from them. wtf

i only wish i had her money to pass out lawsuits every time someone said something i did not like.

granted that comment about wishing she would die in a fire was below the belt but i did not post that. i know who did but it was not me.

I would like to see a copy of this " health guarantee" and her return/exchange/refund policy.

To Potential Buyer, on 27-11-2010 23:23

Research Sue Johnson and Cozy Kittens Cattery. Anyone who dares to speak out against her publicly receives a threat of legal action for slander.

There aren't that many people who can afford a $3000 kitten, and she relies on people who are first-time buyers and are too naive to look into her shady practices to sell them a sick animal. My family and I definitely fell into that description! Three and a half years later, that sick kitty is still alive, but only because my mother is willing to bend over backwards and spend a lot of money every month to make her comfortable. That poor animal will never be normal, but thanks to an extreme amount of TLC and a determined, loyal vet, she leads a good life.

BUT she can't be stressed or experience any dietary disruptions/changes. She regularly has bouts of diarrhea and has to be medicated on a daily basis.

I can safely say that more money was spent to get her to this state than was paid for her. Most other pet owners would have euthanized her by now.

View more comments (18)
Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article