Contractor will not finish work under contract after being fully paid.

I hired Cox Craftsmen to refinish my kitchen and bathroom floors. We settled on a price of $1900 with $950 up front. Because of my wife's death about a week letter I in curd burial expenses which made it necessary to verbally renegotiate the contract to $1600 with $950 up front. He readily agreed with this amount and began work. He completed about 75% of the work then requested to I pay him in full before completion so that he might make repairs to his work vehicle. I gave his the $650 remaining funds paying him in full and afterwards have not seen him in over two months. He will schedules, reschedules and postpones but over the course to the last two months he never shows up. Now that I'm cursing made he feel I am being disrespectful, unreasonable and (in his own words) ridiculous. To add insult to injury the 75% work he complete was on poor quality. The floor tiles he laid down are peeling up all over my kitchen (he had not even started the bathroom yet). So I may or may not be able to salvage the project, there is a chance I may have to be redone altogether and at my expense. I am a disabled US Marine Corps veteran and a recent widower then I lost my father a month after my wife. Mr. Cox was made aware of these facts and still chose to defraud me. He also promises me that there is no recourse for me (his own words) that I will not receive any satisfaction if I chose to come after him, he says I can call the white house for all he cares.
ID
North Charleston, South Carolina
Cons
  • Poor treatment of customer
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article