No integrity with this foundation and there is a conflict of interest

I just wanted it to be known that the foundation does not operate under integrity. The President Mechelle Crawford is not running the foundation, a board member Tory Crawford is making the decisions for the foundation because he funds the foundation through his company Crawford transportation, there is rarely a vote between the board members,this is a conflict of interest. I resigned as the executive director because of delay in paying me every payday, and I did not receive my last pay from them, because he took the fee for the mascot we use to visit the schools he claims out of my pay. Tory, not the president or the board members did not want to sent the mascot to the school as we had promised to keep from paying any money. I told him because we had told them (the teacher/school)we would have the mascot visit the school after they attended the musical we needed to stand by our word. He wanted me to lie to the teacher and inform her the mascot would not be coming to the school as promised because they missed the deadline to turn the money in. I said if it needed to be deducted from my pay, I think we should send the mascot because since I communicated with the teacher and the schools, my integrity was on the line. Sending the mascot was not based on how many students attended the musical performance. Although they missed the deadline, every school missed the deadline because of the snow days, and we did not deny another school so I felt we should do as we had promised. Well he did not pay the mascot but said he would not pay me because he paid the mascot.....he did not pay the mascot, and this is his foundation, so his character was on the line. This is not the first incident concerning the integrity or brand of the foundation. The decisions are made by him and not the president of the foundation, this is a conflict of interest, but because he funds the money, he makes the decisions. It should be a vote between the board members but very rarely is. I worked more hours than what was required and I did not put all the hours on my time sheet, he would call to have me work on something after I signed out, but I did not put those so to take the fee out of my pay that he did not pay anyway was the last straw working with that foundation.
ID
#492009 Review #492009 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Atlanta, Georgia

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article