Inspection company missed the mold in my house

Cornerstone inspections came to do an inspection on my house I was buying. They cleared my house and we closed in June. A month later Black Mold! was found by an air duct company. The owner of Cornerstone Inspections refuses to give me a refund for the mold they missed and the out of pocket money I spent. I have two small children who were living in this home with black mold without our knowledge. He was unapologetic and feels he owes me nothing! He stated that "mold is everywhere and you can't die from mold." Apparently it would have taken my little babies to be in the hospital for him to understand the severity of what couldve happened. All I wanted was a refund for the frustration and horrible experience I had to go through and for the out of pocket money I had to spend. Its their job to catch the mold and they Missed it!!!!
ID
Indianapolis, Indiana

About

Cornerstone Inspections FAQ
A home inspection is an objective visual examination of the physical structure and systems of a home, from the roof to the foundation. The standard home inspector's report will include an evaluation of the condition of the home's heating and cooling systems, interior plumbing and electrical systems; the roof, attic, ventilation, and visible insulation; walls, ceilings, floors, windows, siding and doors; the foundation, basement, and visible structure. A home inspection is like a physical check-up. If problems or symptoms are found, the inspector will refer The User of company services to the appropriate specialist for further evaluation. The purchase of a home is probably the largest single investment The User of Website will ever make. The Client of Cornerstone Inspections should learn as much as The Customer can about the condition of the property and the need for any major repairs before The User of company services buy, so that The User can minimize unpleasant surprises and difficulties afterwards.
To read more: http://cornerstoneinspections.us/faq/
Summary

Cornerstone Inspections is an inspection company that provides thorough, trustworthy, and unbiased home inspections. Cornerstone Inspections is fully qualified and certified by the following organizations, and continue to educate itself through the AII, OCHI, and NACHI continuing education requirements. A complete home inspection is designed to give customers as much information as possible about their home. The full inspections cover the following items, and more: site, structure, attic and roof, plumbing, heating and cooling, electrical, interior, kitchen and bathrooms, etc. The comprehensive home inspection from Cornerstone Inspections usually takes 2 to 3 hours, and is followed up by a detailed, easy-to-read report. The company is based in Central Point, Oregon.

Cornerstone Inspections reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article