Paying for your raise

I bought a 2007 toyota FJ from these guys. I'm a returning Iraq war vet who was seriously injured in combat. Sticker price on vehicle was 18k. somehow i left the lot oweing them 30K. I have the vehicle for 2 years and have already payed 10k on it at over 500 a month. Love the truck. Hate that i bought it from coos bay toyota. I'll tell you exactly who payed for all that new construction. WE DID! Show me an honest dealership i'll show you some one who just hasn't been caught yet. Screwed from the begining with these guys.

Asking questions is fine. Insulting me at the same time isn't.

But to answer your questions anyways my credit is good. Not excellent but good. I pay all my bills and have never defered or missed a payment on anything. I even had a trade value of $4000 from another vehicle.

My interest rate was 6% but somehow jumped to 22% when it was all said and done. Next time don't insult someone before you have your questions answered.

I have bought a car there a few times, always treated fair and honest. My question to you is what does your credit look like.

Do you pay all your bills? If not your interest rate could be as high as 29% easily bringing your $20k car up to $30k out of pocket. If you were smart you would have paid attention to what you were signing and if you weren't okay with it why did you sign?

...but you probably still don't know what interest rate even means. :grin

@PissedConsumer703534

As a young veteran with disablities trying to start a new life in a new place your another example of how Oregon IS NOT a vet friendly place to live. Asking questions is fine.

Insulting me at the same time isn't. But to answer your questions anyways my credit is good. Not excellent but good. I pay all my bills and have never defered or missed a payment on anything.

I even had a trade value of $4000 from another vehicle. I paid close attention to what i signed but noticed there was a page cut shorter than the rest in my finance papers that i missed.

View more comments (2)
ID
Coos Bay, Oregon

Coos Bay Toyota sales is dishonest on tradeins

Coos Bay Toyota in Coos Bay Oregon is dishonest and deceptive in order to make extra profits. They cost me an extra $4000.00 over what I would have paid at Clint Newell Motors, Roseburg, Oregon for the same model new Toyota Prius automobile. A low-mileage Toyota RAV4 was traded in on the Prius and the salesman stated that the trade-in value was only worth $8500.00, plus no deal would be made on the Prius "sticker price" since it was a high-demand car. I trusted the salesperson (big mistake) and the car was purchased. In checking Kelly Blue book prices later I discovered that the trade-in value for the RAV4 in it's excellent condition should have been around $1100.00. Upset with being taken advantage of, I called Clint Newell Motors in Roseburg and was told by the sales manager if I would have purchased the Toyota Prius from them, they would have given me $1100.00 trade in on the RAV4 plus being it was a cash purchase would have reduced the "sticker price" by $1500.00. In summary, I could have saved $4000.00 by dealing with Clint Newell Motors in Roseburg. Several other people I have talked to have also had bad dealing with Coos Bay Toyota in both sales and service so my sales transaction in the name of excessive profits was not an isolated case.

1100 or 11000? If you don't know the difference.....

This is all on you. You didn't shop around.

No car dealer is obligated to give you the best price. Don't think a car dealer will quote you a trade-in value on the phone.

Sticker price on vehicle was 18k. somehow i left the lot oweing them 30K. I have the vehicle for almost 2 years and have already payed 10k on it at over 500 a month. Love the truck.

Hate that i bought it from coos bay toyota.

I'll tell you exactly who payed for all that new construction they are doing. WE DID!

View more comments (1)
ID
Bandon, Oregon

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article