Continental Publishing Services Reviews

Show reviews that mention
gift card gift card information service grocery gift publishing number rewards grocery
Filter review

I did not receive my rewards I was told I would receive

I was given a call and told that I won the sweepstakes of $5000 I should receive July 31, 2021. I was also told I would receive $1000 grocery gift card in a couple days that I have not yet received this was two months ago. I gave my banking information for $62.50 a year for five years for the service however, I dont feel this is a legit service that was offered and which my sisters as well as myself have been dealing with publishing clearinghouse for a very long time, so to not receive what I was told I was entitled to be receiving is a very big disappointment. I will no longer and also will let my sisters know that this whole time we have been lied to to purchase your products. I would have never thought this would be happening woth this company being that is suppose to be a huge company for yrs now.
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

I did not receive my rewards I was told I would receive

I was told I was a sweepstake winner and will receive $5,000 07/31/2021 and also $1000 grocery gift card within some days and which this was two months ago and I have not yet received my $1000 grocery gift card. I was charged $62.50 and suppose to be charged yearly for your service but I will be canceling this If I find that this is false information and I have been lied to. Because I was giving a claim and authorization number. So I dont know whom would call and have you on the phone that long if this is not a legit service.

User's recommendation: I would definitely investigate any service stating they te giving away anything free before moving forward because my sisters amd my self have been with publishing clearing house for a while . So to get a call stating you are a winner then not receive anything I was told is a very big disappointment. But never thought this would happen.

Ocoee, Florida

Verified Reviewer

There is an auto payment of 95.52 being taked out of personal checking account that my bank can not cancel.

Update by user Mar 07, 2021

I went to the bank in person to find out how to get this payment stopped. They were able to go back and they found 7 months where 95.52 was being payed out to Continental Publishers Services ($668.64).

I had to fill out and sign seven (fraud) forms. The bank was able to get the last three months refunded back to the checking account. We have to wait to see if the company charges the account again.

If they still have access to the checking account, we will have to close the checking account. I never heard back from Continental Publishing Services.

Original review posted by user Feb 05, 2021
I tried to get this canceled / stop payment through the bank. The only information listed is Continental Publishers account 111000****255 For deposit only. Called Customer Service to cancel Subscription. Spoke to a Zach and asked for a ticket or confirmation number for the cancellation request. Zach said thank you and disconnected from the online call. Do not even know what magazine(s) this was supposed to be for.

User's recommendation: Hang up. Do not reply to questions. SCAM.

Loss
Full refund

Verified Reviewer

I'm not sure this was legit

They called and said I had won $5,000. The bottom line was that I would get 3 mags (I chose to get only one - Readers Digest) for $32.25 per year for 5 years. Starting 11/16/20 they will take $32.25 from my checking acct for each of 5 months - then I would be paid in full.

User's recommendation: Beware of stuff like this.

Full refund

Continental Publishing Services

These butholes called me about winning a 1000 dollar gift card and then wanted to sell me magazines at $5 a week. First it didn't sound too bad until they wanted to bundle the payments. When I said I wasn't interested he told me that I didn't understand He then said that he would lower the price to $68 a month for 19 months. I told them to cancel but they kept calling me back until I threatened to report them. The guys name was Tyler #2167. I have never run into such an arrogant crook in my life

I have had 4 payments taken out of my bank account, $82.50 each, but the items that were ordered were never received

I just had $82.50 taken out of my bank account for two magazines. Don't know how to reach them. They must have scammed my mother.

View more comments (1)
Marquette, Michigan

Continental Publishing Complaint

I had the same problem as listed by Jimmy...someone calling to "verify the name and address" for a listing in a directory, which was followed by an invoice for $410.95. I tried unsuccessfully to cancel the bill. Afraid it would hurt our credit, we paid up. I wrote the check in April 2008 and it was cashed in July 2008. I do have to say that I DID receive a CD with the company name & address and am sure it will never be seen by any of our clients...or anyone else either! I was clearly duped by this unethical group (I hate to use the word company when speaking of them).

I had a problem with this *** organization, Continental Publishing Services. They had an audio recording allegedly of an employee agreeing to the terms of their contract.

I refused to pay. The collector was a mean, bitter lady. She employed all sorts of tactics such as hanging up on me when I was trying to explain our position. She said stuff like "Why don't you be a man and just pay the bill?" Hilarious.

They try to antagonize you, probably so that you get incensed enough to pay them to disappear. Instead, I filed a report with the FTC as well as a report with the Attorney General's office in NY (because CPS was working out of Champlain NY (Scamplain)).

The AG's office forwarded our complaint to the Postal Inspector, who I assume is better suited to deal with these matters. We never again heard from Continental Publishing.

Reston, Virginia

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article