Conservative Book Club: threatening me

For two years I have returned the Conservative Book Club's reply forms weeks in advance of their due dates. Yet, at least six times they have shipped me the main selection that I had refused. Weeks after returning the book to them I received a statement of how much they claimed I owed them. I have generally ignored them. Once however I tried to call and was not able to do anything but leave a message, during "open" hours. And once I sent them a letter. Last month they did it again. This time their "statement" was different however. This time they've mailed me a letter THREATENING me. They say they will "suspend all services to [my] account and charge [me] an $8.00 late fee" if I do not send them payment for the shipment I have already returned. The reason for the different response is, I believe, that I have ordered a book from the subsequent catalog. Once they send that book and I pay for it I will have fulfilled my contractual obligations. But, they are not allowing me to do so. So, now I am going to the U.S. Post Office to file a formal complaint against them, since they are using the U.S.P.S. in the commission of these despicable business practices.
ID
Atascadero, California

Conservative Book Club doesn't care about members

My husband ill-advisably joined this right wing nut [almost anarchist] book club because he wanted an Economics book for free. He did not check out the offensive government hating books that were the monthly selections. Now we are trapped and forced to buy 4 books in two years or according to Lou, the person I spoke with, "They would take action at the end of two years". My complaint is I bought 4 of the cheapest books they had to fulfil our obligation and it popped up that sale books do not count. I placed the online order at 9:25am and searched frantically and there is no phone number, even anywhere on the Internet, so at 9:32 I emailed customer service, putting the time of order, order number an time I was writing and said to cancel the order right away that we def. didn't want it. No reply. At noon they debited our checking. I send another really pissed off email and no reply. I got an email from Lou this am, basically saying the order had been invoice when they finally got around to reading my email hrs later and they wouldn't credit us for any reason. I told him we were extremely unhappy with their club, and was furious that they didn't furnish a phone number so I could have canceled the order right then. He said, "We do not want customers to call us, it costs us more money". We argued and I said I'd been in customer service for 40 years and a reputable company would just allow us to cancel the account since we are so against their books that are offered and he said, "You sound like a Liberal, everyone should be given what they want and be happy". I couldn't believe it. I tol him I was now sure his company was run by Nazi's. Anyway, We are pissed, our checking is debited $36 for books we will put in a garage sale and our credit will be dinged when we refuse to purchase books from this *** company. I'd stay far away unless you too relish the idea of criticizing every political figure who isn't a Bill O'Reily fan. This company does not care about it's members as evidenced by deliberate omission of a phone number and by its reps attitude and insults.
#271931

Mark, are you sure you aren't LOU?? :grin

#271929

Mark,

YOU sound like the owner/operator of the Conservative Book Club.

Unfortunately, my experiences with the Conservative Book Club make me as angry as Karojen.

Their business practices are fundamentally and ethically bad. I have returned every response form on time, weeks in advance of their due dates. Yet, on at least six (6) occasions they have shipped out the main selections that I refused. They then subsequently mailed me statements for payments for books I returned.

Last month, I once again shipped back an unwanted, unauthorized package. I then ordered my final book from the next catalog. In response, they sent me a threatening letter. I am going to my post office on Monday to file a formal complaint.

I believe they are breaking interstate commerce laws as well as laws regulating the use of the postal service. In my opinion, they are committing extortion against me at this moment.

You sound like a left wing lunatic who is consumed with hatred.

View more comments (2)
ID
Los Angeles, California

About

Conservative Book Club Terms of Service
Salem Media Group, Inc. and its subsidiary entities (collectively, "Salem") offers The Client of Conservative Book Club access to its interactive online websites, applications and services. Please read these Terms of Use carefully before using Company's Services. By using any of Conservative Book Club's' Services (other than to read these Terms of Use for the first time) The User are agreeing to comply with these Terms of Use, which may change from time to time as set forth in Section 16 below. If The Client do not agree to be bound by these Terms of Use, do not use Conservative Book Club's' Services. Use of the Services shall be deemed as acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions. Company's Services and associated content (and any derivative works or enhancements of the same) including, but not limited to, all text, illustrations, files, images, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, information, content, materials, products, services, URLs, technology, documentation, and interactive features included with or available through Conservative Book Club's' Services and all intellectual property rights to the same, including, without limitation, all trademarks, service marks, trade names and trade dress that may appear in Conservative Book Club's' Services are owned by www.conservativebookclub.com Conservative Book Club's' licensors, Conservative Book Club's' affiliates and/or identified third parties (collectively, the "Service Content").
To read more: https://www.conservativebookclub.com/terms-of-service
Conservative Book Club Privacy Policy
To read more: https://www.conservativebookclub.com/privacy-policy
Summary

Conservative Book Club has 40 years experience in providing “Conservative Books to conservatives”. It represents the large selection of conservative titles including Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter, Laura Ingraham, David Limbaugh, Edmund Burke, Adam Smith, Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, John Jay, Patrick Henry, and others etc., from the hand-picked assortment. Conservative Book Club is aimed on bringing the best books available, at the best prices. Conservative Book Club suppose membership and guarantees hand-picked assortment of books reviewed by professional and conservative editors. Members of Conservative Book Club can purchase books for really low prices and get discounts for almost all books.

Conservative Book Club reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article