Bullied & Harassed By A Corrupt Management Company

I've lived in two different communities run by associations. I lived in the first one for over twelve years and never complained about the dues or the rules. I lived in this one for fifteen years before I started to realize something was wrong. When my neighbors were upset about a fencing project, I was busy writing a memoir and didn't care. I later realized that we were not supposed to pay for the fence, our reserves were, and we shouldn't have replaced the fence twelve years into this then relatively new community. Then in 2014 the board tried to launch a painting project, forcing all of us to paint our homes. They deliberately misinterpreted a rule to try to force people to spend thousands of dollars painting homes, many of which did not need painting. I started a resistance movement that eventually led to me reluctantly running for the board and winning, but the property manager again misinterpreted rules to prevent me from serving. Instead three illegal, unelected members served. I didn't complain much because I didn't want to be on the board anyway, but when they planned to raise our dues by $20, I advised them to let the residents vote since they were illegal and the raised dues would be illegal. When they ignored me, I refused to pay the illegal new dues and continued to pay $120 for a service that includes only minor landscaping for our individual homes as well as landscaping for the park. We have no pool or spa, no gate, no office. As I started to watch this company and read reviews by other residents in neighborhoods run by them, I realized how corrupt they are. They use lawyers to bully residents, threatening to sue them for defamation when they write on sites like this one, and they tried to bully me with both a fake pre-lien notice and what had better be (or they will have to pay to remove it) a fake lien. The latest twist in my now four-year battle with this despicable company is that the lawyer I hired through Legal Match clearly decided to work for them. But as I told him last night, I'm not a Playmate. I taught critical thinking for a living for more than thirty years, and even my "C" students would have figured out that my $300 per hour lawyer was not on my side. I am sounding off here and everywhere I can because this is a large company, serving many communities in the Claremont/Upland/Pomona area. Their corrupt tactics of bullying residents and raising dues by using fake reserve amounts needs to end. In this community, our dues went up $19 in the first ten years. CMS took over in 2007. Since 2010 (eight years) our dues have gone up $70. Did I mention that we are detached homes with no onsite office, no pool or spa, and we have to pay to paint our own homes, to take care of any termite problems or problems with our roofs, and that we are now responsible for the fencing because of a corrupt move they made in 2011-12? Several of my neighbors who were allies during the painting resistance movement and who may have been battling over the fence have moved. I will not move. This company needs to change and do it quickly because I'm starting another resistance movement, resisting their corruption.
ID
Service
Condominium Management Services Customer Care
Pros
  • First property manager
Cons
  • Second property manager
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article