Sent me a broken computer and refused a full refund.

I bought a laptop which they "upgraded" with an ssd drive. It ran too hot and the bluetooth would not work. I called them within 2 days and asked for refund. After a LONG runaround, i sent the laptop back in pristine condition in their packaging by their shipper. That sat on it a month, then they claimed I broke the case, and kept $500 or so of my purchase price. I checked with the manufacturer later, and they informed me the SSD was not qualified in that laptop, because it was too hot and took too much power. So basically what I paid them for, knowing what upgrades will work was a waste of money. They will slap in what they have, and if it breaks the computer they are selling you, they will keep as much of your money as they want even after you return it. I filed complaints on some other review sites and they sent their lawyers after me and the review site. Kind of hard to argue with my receipt, but they got the other review site to drop my review. money for lawyers but not for dealing honestly with their customers. You are better off doing the upgrade yourself, then if it doesn't work at least you can put back the original hardware and you are not out tons of money for incompetent service and broken equipment. If you do take a chance on them, buy through Amazon-- NOT DIRECT--, and maybe when things go wrong someone reputable is on your side.
ID
Austin, Texas
Cons
  • Broken laptop
  • Refused refund
Reason of review
blatant dishonesty
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article