Comprehensive Business Solutions, Inc. AKA CBS and Elijah Holmes Scam Artists

Contracted "Millennium Capital Quest Corp" (See their Ripoff Report) to raise capital for our new air ambulance company. Millennium set us up with one of their "accredited" investment companies named "Comprehensive Business Solutions" aka "CBS" in Spring, Texas. Their CEO was Elijah James Holmes. After much communication with Mr. Holmes we had to pay them close to $2000.00 for expenses for them to fly two CBS representatives from TX to NC, provide lodging and food so that they could perform "due diligence" on our company. Due to us utilizing a different bank, after the meeting we instructed to open a joint checking account between our company and CBS at their bank, "Bank of America". I had reservations because I knew it was not a big issue for them to simply wire funds from their bank to our current bank accounts. We do this everyday with a simple phone call or internet access. They explained that this was so that once due diligence was approved; it would be easier for them to transfer funds to us. Since we would actually be putting no funds into this account, I saw no harm. After many weeks of giving them countless financial and background information on our company and all principal investors to date, CBS issued to us a "Letter of Commitment" stating our due diligence was approved and $1,000,000.00 would be released on X date after signing an investment contract. Initially $250,000.00 would be issued and the remaining $750,000.00 would be in reserve to be issued as we requested it by providing a "funds request voucher. Approximately 2 hours before we were to meet and sign, they called backing out. They claimed that they were subcontracting this deal out to another investor who backed out at the last minute. After investigating the investment company, we learned they were scam artist. It is speculated that they were scamming both us and an investor and planned to run off with the remaining $750,000.00 and that the investor actually got wise prior to concluding the agreement. We are asking both the NC and TX Attorney Generals to further investigate Elijah Holmes and Comprehensive Business Solutions. The following is a direct copy of the investigative report: BEGIN REPORT: Investigative Summary Report of CBS (Comprehensive Business Solutions): The 8A Certification attached to the emails is from the Texas Building and Procurement Commission. It does certify that CBS is an UNDERUTILIZED and minority owned business. To qualify, one must only submit an annual fee. It allows CBS to bid on state projects as a minority business. They do not endorse the ethics, history, or morality of the company per their quote in a phone conversation. They did indicate that CBS has never been awarded ANY projects through this certification and likely has never applied either. The Minority Certification is issued to CBS in the name of Delia Cantu of El Paso, Texas. It merely certifies that the company is minority owned at least 51%. In this case that being Delia Cantu. In the August Business Profile (attached) you will note they have a different attorney and CPA from the September profile. In calling the accounting firm of Mark Bober, he is not listed anywhere and we were unable to validate he is even a CPA through the state. He may be, but he has NO business listing in the whitepages. Same for the attorney for August, Lewis Adkins. No listing in any directory. I also spoke to the Texas Bar Association, which licenses and regulates ALL lawyers in Texas. They do not have a practicing attorney anywhere in the state named Lewis Atkins. In the August profile, it states that CBS operates under the authority of JLG Express, LLC owners Perry and Jenny Gregg. 865-388-**** in Knoxville, TN. Upon verification, they do not nor have they ever operated under this authority. This reference stated to me they had been misrepresented and were owed money wired to the personal bank account of Elijah Holmes. They have made repeated attempts to reconcile this money owed and do not get returned calls. Under JOINT VENTURE BUSINESS PARTNERS, three references are listed. First is TDL Plastics, Cody Bates. Upon asking for a reference, Mr. Bates indicated they have not done even one piece of business with CBS or Elijah Holmes, though he said there has been lots of talk. This relationship, having made no money for TDL Plastics in any way, has last 2 years or so. No money has changed hands. Regarding the 2nd reference, Vortex Engineering, the phone number listed rings disconnected. However upon dialing information, a number was given, and I was able to reach the reference on his cell phone which is a similar number. Mr. Gene Anderson stated he has never done any business with Mr. Holmes or CBS in any way. Regarding the 3rd reference, AD Electronics, Mr. Tom Spencer also indicated there has been no business at all done, though he did add that Mr. Holmes seems to know a lot of people. Mr. Holmes tried to make a merger with a trailer manufacturer and move operations from the Midwest to San Diego where Mr. Spencer was to run the operation. Nothing was consummated and the client was blamed for having too much debt. Again, on all three of these references, none have ever consummated ANY deal at all in relation to product or corporate nature. No money has ever been exchanged. A local private investigator was sent to verify the address for the offices of CBS in Spring, Texas, where Mr. Elijah Holmes states he is located. It is a dilapidated apartment building with no corporate information of any kind showing a business is located there. This is the address of 16414 Stuebner – Airline Drive, Suite 1116. 1116 might allude to an apartment. We were unable to validate that. In the September profile, under the attorney, Mr. John Jones was listed as attorney. Mr. Jones indicated to me directly that he has not represented CBS or Mr. Holmes in over 2 years. He did not even understand why he would be listed as all he handled was normal corporate things, like contracts, all over two years ago. No business was ever conducted through this firm in relation to mergers and acquisitions. Phone number for Mr. Jones is 713-225-****. The accounting firm listed for September is Breedlove and Company. The contact listed, Robert Breedlove, does not exist. There is however a RICHARD Breedlove, who has been the CPA for several years. He said his relationship was normal corporate tax relationship. Nothing at all to do with mergers or acquisitions or corporate structuring. Phone number for Mr. Breedlove is 281-379-**** Under the customer references section, the first one listed on both profiles is Certified Thermoplastics. The number is not a valid number. However, upon research a number was found for George Duncan. Mr. Duncan is included on emails from Elijah to “a million people he doesn’t know anything about”. He does not know why he is listed as a reference. Regarding Orbit Designs, a message was left but not returned by Mr. Ron Oren. In the August profile, a Kelvin Smith was listed as a reference. Upon dialing that number, 281-293-****, there is NO Kelvin Smith. This appears to be a completely bogus reference. In the September profile, an ERNIE CALHOUN is listed as a business development reference. Upon verification, Mr. Calhoun either works for Mr. Holmes, or does due diligence for him. Prior to this year, he lists his occupation as a reverend at a church in Ohio and has done no business that he could validate with Mr. Holmes. On both the August and September profiles there are a number of Financial and Strategic Partners listed. I have spoken to 3 of them who have never done anything with CBS, but had heard of him. The other three had not heard of him at all. In conversations, he refers to these people as investors. None of them are. They are bankers who are lending money to purchase your companies. Two of these bankers have reached a point where they can not move forward with CBS because nothing is getting done or fees are not paid as promised. These folks were VERY hard to reach. Regarding the actual corporate structure of the company, there is no information online to validate this company has ever done any business with anyone. Eugene Bryant, listed as the VP Operations is the nephew of Elijah Holmes. Mr. Ron Davis is listed in August as being the VP Finance & Administration and in September that position is listed as Delia Montes Cantu. Mr. Ron Davis is brand new to the company and is from Indiana and has no business history with Mr. Holmes. Mr. Canteu is a teacher at the University of Phoenix in El Paso, Texas. Mr. Bryant lists a different address for his business correspondence than Mr. Holmes, and neither is registered business facilities like an office or leased space. Both are residential. Mr. Bryant can be found online as selling a product called GOJI Juice. It would appear the “executives” at CBS have other jobs and none work from a business location. No real estate records were found to support claims to property ownership. I personally paid for due diligence for a number of you, and no accounting of that money has been provided to me at my request. It was stated that people are hired to perform this due diligence and are paid from that fee collected. On all projects I have attended, these people had no due diligence qualifications from an accounting standpoint at all. I personally interviewed Ron Davis, Ernie Calhoun, Ryan West, Phil West and others. These people came to Elijah and were asked to help out. None had any due diligence background. Based on my research, I have found nothing to support that CBS or Elijah Holmes has any ability to close a merger with your company. Please do not invest any money with him in future visits. I like you spent money to further legitimate projects along, and to no avail. As I stated above, there are validated and interested buyers in your projects. I would request that ANY AND ALL future correspondence with CBS either be conducted through me or your attorney. I would also suggest that prior to signing a contract you request earnest money be deposited to validate Mr. Holmes intentions of closing this deal. In my experience, a buyer interested in a business funds their own travel and due diligence expenses, though it can go both ways. That is why I paid for many of yours myself. Speaking for myself, I will not be investing any more time with CBS and would advise the same of you. We will interact with new buyers in the days to come. Sorry for this news. For verification, I have listed all the executives emails above to ask any open questions you have. Please feel free to cc me so I can respond to all involved. END REPORT:

This Elijah James Holmes is a true manipulative liar that will say anything to anyone to get money. His favorite line is people say bad things about him because they didn't have solid business plans and couldn't close a deal, so it's not his fault.

Written by Truth abouth about Pissed Cons on September 24, 2011 Pissed Consumer is a scam extorting money? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Pissed Consumer is a scam using extortion techniques?

Pissed Consumer allowed & Posted false complaints about me to be posted on their website, refused to take them down, added more of their own, and then tried to blackmail me or extortion for money to have them removed. I own my own construction company. I am not a telemarketer and have never made a cold call for my business. One day it was brought to my attention that someone had wrote slanderous material about myself and my company on the site Pissed Consumer.com.

I visited their website, read the slanderous and hurtful false claims, then I saw that this website was regarding telemarketers and cold callers. I have never made a cold call so I located the email address and emailed explaining that I have never made a cold call so this was clearly a false post and to please remove the post. I realized that Pissed Consumer does not check the credibility of any of the posts on their site and allows anything about anyone to be posted on there whether they are true or not. This post about me could have been made by a competitor, a disgruntled former employee, or even an old high school person I didn\'t get along with.

I couldn\'t believe this site allowed just anything to be posted on there. Pissed Consumer emailed me back something about how some amendment of the constitution protects their site and that they will not remove the post. I emailed them back with my direct cell phone number (my business number was the one used on the site) and asked them to please call me about the false claims and I wanted to explain that my business does not even make telemarketing calls. Pissed Consumer called me alright.

they told me that they would be happy to remove the post - for a fee of $1000! I said \"No thank you, Pissed Consumerteachers. That one post about me online doesn\'t bother me that much.\" Pissed Consumer angrily hung up the phone. The next day I checked out the site to see if maybe Pissed Consumer Pissed Consumer came to their senses and removed the post.

Not only did she not remove the post but suddenly THREE more posts that were much more slanderous about me were posted!! Since I told JPissed Consumerulia the one post didn\'t bother me she clearly added more herself hoping that would make me pay her off to remove the posts.

I refuse to give in to this woman\'s blackmail but it\'s too bad she is using the internet against innocent people to try to make her own profit. I sure hope that one day this woman\'s poor ethics are put to a stop.

Pissed Consumer is a scam extorting money?

Pissed Consumer is a scam using extortion techniques? According to this article, Pissed Consumer use extortion as a tool to remove negative blogs. Is Pissed Consumer involved in an illegal scam? Based on what the article, they are directly involved with the clear case of extortion. If this alleged scammer, Pissed Consumer is extorting money, I hope they are arrested soon and chardged for these crimes.

I realized that Pissed Consumer does not check the credibility of any of the posts on their site and allows anything about anyone to be posted on there whether they are true or not. This post about me could have been made by a competitor, a disgruntled former employee, or even an old high school person I didn't get along with. I couldn't believe this site allowed just anything to be posted on there.

Pissed Consumer called me alright. they told me that they would be happy to remove the post - for a fee of $1000! I said "No thank you, Pissed Consumerteachers. That one post about me online doesn't bother me that much." Pissed Consumer angrily hung up the phone.

The next day I checked out the site to see if maybe Pissed Consumer Pissed Consumer came to their senses and removed the post. Not only did she not remove the post but suddenly THREE more posts that were much more slanderous about me were posted!! Since I told JPissed Consumerulia the one post didn't bother me she clearly added more herself hoping that would make me pay her off to remove the posts. I refuse to give in to this woman's blackmail but it's too bad she is using the internet against innocent people to try to make her own profit. I sure hope that one day this woman's poor ethics are put to a stop.

this guy and her are FRAUDS, why don't the police and the attorney generals go after this guy???????????????????

The true scammers behind this fraud are Shahed Lateef and Zahed Lateef of Houston Texas and Bangolore India. They have scammed many companies and people. Their latest scam company is Amvensys.

#20198

Interesting, I just "bumped" into Elijah Holmes via email about our project today. Do you know anyone named William Hurley or Shahed Lateef? They were on the email with him

View more comments (5)
ID
Raleigh, North Carolina

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article