Contract extended longer than agreement

Signed a two contract, had to freeze while pregnant for health reasons. I froze for a total of 6 months. Now gym owner is stating my contract is extended a year because of time froze! Gym employee refuses to give me copies of freeze agreements I signed, let me speak with owner, or tell me how they figure the extra six months into my contract! The owner and employees tell you must give 30 day notice before freeze takes affect, but contract states only that you can freeze account at ANY time. Also, only states that gym MAY extend for time loss, not that they will or for "X" amount of time. After 6 or more phone calls, owner refuses to return my phone calls, his employees exact words were because I got "snotty, lack of a better word" with said employee. Well when they won't give you answers, the run around, and refuse to give you papers you signed, wouldn't you get frustrated? I never resorted to calling names like they did! Why should I be locked into an extra year when the freeze time equals 6 months? The owner is a pastor as well and has no problems taking advantage of people. Never sign a contract with a gym, and for sure NEVER one that is owned by Josh Gray! The more people I meet, the more I hear of how unhappy people are with this gym and how shady Josh is. They charge a yearly fee to go towards new equipment, but whenever I went to work out the stuff was not working or mediocre at best.

to mandas792.....maybe you shouldn't have signed a contract. i am a member of this gym and of the church.

i guarantee there is more to this story than what you are telling. like that they added only the 6 months back to the end of your contract, like the contract states. maybe your attitude is the problem. if you wanted a copy of your contract maybe you should have went to the gym instead of calling.

these are great people and it seems a little ridiculous to be writing such negative things about them.

if you're unhappy fine, but don't slander people or their business. find another hobby.

ID
Crystal City, Missouri
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article