Verified Reviewer

Bad therapist

I saw the therapist that runs this place for 8 months. She was hurtful, rude and unprofessional. Literally all my problems started there on my last day there. My therapist asked a question and I answered it. She corrected me then decided to mock the way I answered. Then she asked why I kept doing that. I had no clue what she was talking about.It was bad enough to her that she said it was becoming a problem. Then she asked if I felt the tension between us. I was totally crushed and heartbroken. 8 months of seeing her and I had no clue I was a problem for her. In a previous session I told her it bothered me she had compassion for my sister who has hated me my whole life. When my dad died my sister wouldn't even tell me and I missed his funeral. My therapist knew this so I was curious why she had compassion for her. My therapist got mad and said I think your dad *** you and your sisters. Then she paused then asked how much longer I was keeping it a secret. She did not care I was having suicidal thoughts. When I told her she said, "I know." She hated me, she judged every single thing about me. She judged my way of living. I got the feeling she was a very insecure person and was really jumpy. I think she was envious of my ability to have freedom to travel and not be tied down by anyone. I felt she could not understand my way of life and how I chose to think independently from her. She is very closed minded. By seeing her I was getting mentally worse. I was having panic attacks that I never had and suicidal thoughts. I told her I did not want to talk about the past because I had did that with a doctor for 6 years. I told her I didn't want to dig around for memories. She wouldn't listen. At the end in an email I would only schedule if I knew she cared. She responded by saying the therapeutic relationship had been damaged and trust could not be restored. Then she sent referrals like she was the one ending the relationship when I was very clear I wasn't coming back. At first she said her door was open but then she changed her mind. There was no closure and she left me reeling in hurt and pain. I have no outlet and I won't be seeing anymore therapists. She also wouldn't disclose how much she charges per hour. It wasn't until the first bill did I see she charges $185/hr. Which is nearly double what other area counselors charge.

This review is about compassionate counseling in Lancaster Ohio and NOT in Pennsylvania or anywhere else. The correct website is cristineshaheen.com phone number is 614-307-****

ID
Lancaster, Ohio
Preferred solution
It's my hope that she understands how hurt I am and I once again have no closure

Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers Expert Talks

4th COVID Vaccine, Monkeypox, Mask-Optional Policy

Jan 6, 2022

COVID, monkeypox, mask-optional policy: Are we safe? Watch an expert interview with Prof. Karen Jubanyik from Yale to learn more about viruses and how to stay protected.

Prof. Karen Jubanyik
Prof. Karen Jubanyik

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article