PissedConsumer.com strives to provide consumers with the right information to make informed purchasing decisions. Our website collected and compiled various consumer reviews about Securus Technologies and Securtel as well as customer ratings and recommendations for these brands. Each brand score is calculated based on set of relevant criteria and displays company performance over time.

Securus Technologies
Securtel

Securus Technologies and Securtel Overview

Total reviews
843
1220
Company responses
Issues resolved

Securtel was first mentioned on PissedConsumer on Apr 10, 2016 and since then this brand received 1220 reviews. It is 377 reviews more than Securus Technologies received since Jan 16, 2008. According to received "Issue Resolved" consumers' votes, a consumer has equal chances to resolve issues with Securus Technologies customer support team and Securtel customer service.

Securus Technologies and Securtel Consumer Ratings

246 in category
332 in category
213 in category
267 in category

According to consumer ratings and reviews, Securus Technologies ranks 114 points higher in the Telecommunications category than Securtel. People gave Securus Technologies 1.4 stars for Customer service criterion in Telecommunications category and it is 384 points higher than the worst rated brand in this category. At the same time, Securtel was rated 1.2 stars for Customer service criterion in this category and it is 313 points higher than the worst rated brand in this category. If we look at Website criterion, than we see that Securus Technologies has a higher rating than Securtel. Regarding Product or Service Quality criterion, consumers gave Securus Technologies 1.5 stars and it is 62% greater than other in category. Securtel however was rated 1.3 stars and it is 53% greater than other in category.

Securus Technologies and Securtel Rating Details

1.4 (285 reviews)
1.2 (338 reviews)
Reviewer's quote

I have to deal with the bank now. They passed the buck n said I have to prove it. Smh

PissedConsumer1709109

Paid 45$ for an account I thought I was just signing up for, I wanted money on my phone to call my brother I did not want to pay 45$ for an account to just add more money on there I want a refund

Tammy
1.7 (264 reviews)
1.3 (313 reviews)
Reviewer's quote

What’s going on? I can’t add money to my account to take calls? The website and the app say it’s not working!! This is silly, also I’ve been waiting a whole week to get approval for video and it’s still pending?stupid!!!! I’m so mad!..

PissedConsumer1711259

...I made the account and this isn’t even the right website for me. Maybe tell people before you charge them..

Tene
1.5 (248 reviews)
1.3 (296 reviews)
Reviewer's quote

I accidentally blocked calls from a facility and want to unblock this number, so I can receive future calls. The inmate will pay for the calls he makes to this number I do not want to set up an account.

Letitia

...I did not want this service or need it, but I do need a total refund for this bull of a service you a charging for. I’m am extremely frustrated with the lack of response. And would Like a call back immediately!..

Teresa s

Securus Technologies and Securtel Pros and Cons

Pros
  • When it actually works for a visit or phone call
  • Theyll take your money quick
  • Being able to talk to inmates
  • No pros
  • No customer service
  • Non
Cons
  • Customer service
  • Extremely bad customer service
  • On hold 40 min
  • Took my money
  • I want a full refund of my money
  • Not getting my refund

Securus Technologies and Securtel Most Positive Reviews

Top rated reviews

My fiancee talked to me for 3 minutes n the phone cut us off. If I am paying for phone calls, I should be getting my...

to see if you have a plan for tdcj unlimited monthly plans

Securus Technologies and Securtel Most Critical Reviews

Lowest rated reviews

Not only was the terminated but $25.00 was charged for 3 way call that was never attempted. I contacted the company...

I havnt even used the number there website is very misleading with the unlimited calling ad.

Securus Technologies and Securtel Latest Reviews

Recent published reviews
2.8

There was no sound on my sons side. He had a note saying the video visitation wasn't working so he was only on for a...

My card was charged without me picking a plan of any kind of approval on my part. They suck..

Securus Technologies and Securtel Products and Services

Most reviewed product and services
  • Securus Technologies Inmate Phone Service (209 reviews)
  • Securus Technologies Account (133 reviews)
  • Securus Technologies Customer Care (94 reviews)
  • Securtel Inmate Phone Service (270 reviews)
  • Securtel Account (213 reviews)
  • Securtel Customer Care (188 reviews)