Start a new comparison

• Fake views3
Show

Discussion

Lawrence Howell

As it turns out, I happen to have joined POF and Zoosk as a paying member at the very same time a few months ago.POF does not post "bait" profiles to lure people to pay money.

Zoosk does post fake profiles and misrepresents their services on top on that. Within one day I realized that the profiles of local persons displayed by searching in my area did not exist, I asked to get out of my subscription which was for 6 months. They dismissed the facts of their misrepresentation of the "bait" profiles and refused to cancel. There is zero refund policy no matter what.

I have never had a reason to want to cancel POF. Both can supply you with a diverse group of prospective "dates", but the way that Zoosk does it will drive you insane. I am a paying member to both so I am well acquainted with the websites after 2 months. Zoosk's website takes you for a fool and the search feature is terrible.

If you happen upon an interesting person you have no way of just saving their profile, you have to actually do something like contact them or search again. You don't want to contact every person you view, but Zoosk will tell them that you looked at them. So they are notified and then they look at you. Then Zoosk tells you that they looked at you.

If you look at them again to recall who it was, the vicious useless circle continues over and over. They are just "churning" the looks between users to make Zoosk look useful. And Zoosk wants to charge you extra,...

I may just pull my profile though I have about 4 months left already paid for. They are scam artists with all of their "money for this and money for that" extras. Big thing is that that lie and misrepresent in their initial efforts to get your money. POF free service and paid service does not make you feel ripped off.

I feel ripped off with Zoosk. If you are not paying full price on Zoosk for will never meet someone, because they police and edit your profiles to prevent that. POF is far more relaxed in allowing people to take their conversation by email off of the POF website and never edits your profiles. Zoosk severely limits the amount of information that one can put in their profiles and has totally useless matching thru something they call Carousel.

This is a useless feature and actually a negative. The fact that you can't save a particular profile of interest is the worst part. With Zoosk, it is all about the money. POF may not seem as flashy as Zoosk, but I am pleased with their efforts.

In both instances, really meeting people is up to you. Zoosk only hampers the effort. Like, why match me up with hundreds of people almost 200 miles away or further? POF tries to keep it as local as you want it to be.

BTW, I do get a "want to meet me" notification and serious emails every single day from both services. So that is good, but if it from Zoosk they could be 300 miles away and out of the range of my search criteria.

Zoosk gets one-star out of 10.POF gets 7 out of 10.