Start a new comparison

1.6
26 reviews
1.9
18 reviews

How would you compare Paula Young vs The Wig Company?

AdjoiningWaterBuffalo164
Have not used Paula Young

I have ordered many wigs from Paula Young and returned quite a few with no problems. My credit always showed up on my credit card the next month.

I've never had a real problem with the company. I ordered my first wig from The Wig Company in March. When it arrived, I found that the color and style weren't right for me so I returned it the next day. I spent a total of $80.99 with shipping.

I have tried to get my refund to no avail.

I'm shocked that the Wig Company thinks an owner change gives them the right to rip off their clients. Unless I receive my refund from the Wig Company, I will never consider ordering from them and I will warn friends that they are not a reliable company.

TragicAinuDog

Won't go into detail. Have worn wigs for 50 years, and I consider Paula Young and The Wig Company equal in every way.

Classy catalogs, friendly reps, wig quality, and customer service. I feel the wigs offered are similar. I purchase wigs by style anyway, and whichever company has the style I like (i'm sort of specific! My kids all tell me whichever wig I buy, they always look the same after I comb them) .

If I had a complaint about both companies, it's that they should give customers a WARNING that a wig, any wig, is going to be discontinued. That's probably not good business because the people (notice I didn't say women) that purchase that wig would buy them all in their favorite color. I realize that a savvy customer would be able to guess which wigs might disappear by the sales. I also can't understand why some wigs are discontinued that are really beautiful and unique.

Guess I did go into detail after all.

Sincerely, Andrea Stirling. Still wear a color 30 (both companies) even though I have (of course) grey hair--what's left of it.

We would probably give Paula Young 2 stars out of 5 while the Wig Company 1 out of 5. Have done business with Paula before and eventually received refunds and credits. However, this is our first time with the Wig Company and are still waiting for a $40 promised refund which we will probably never receive--------this is a very bad company and should be prosecuted for their very bad business practices.

#1631926

About two years ago I asked The Wig Company to quit sending me catalogs--we were planning on moving, and catalogs go straight from the mailbox to the trash--I order solely from email offers. They took me off the email list and quit sending catalogs.

For two years I have begged to be put back on their email list--written postal letters, sent emails, called MANY times and have written two personal letters to the owner of this company. Customer service STINKS. Their wigs are good, but they do not care about service. While others want off of a mailing list, I want to be put back on the mailing list.

I still order from TWC simply because they have a better selection in large sizes and their wigs seem to hold up longer than do wigs from Paula Young. However, I get probably two emails every week from Paula Young.

As an avid wig buyer I have found the quality of The Wig Company's wigs to have been superior to Paula Young Wigs. I have purchased several from each company and the TWC wigs appear more natural and maintain their appearance longer, my biggest complaint is they change styles so often it is hard to rebuy what I know looks great on me.

Top Rated Paula Young Reviews